Hi All My First Post

Guest Brummiebill66

Guest Brummiebill66

Hi and Happy Christmas to you all.I feel so down,I had met a beautiful woman who lived in Mildura,I live in England so it was sort of hard to keep our relationship going but we did.

I got a phone so i could chat every day sometimes on my way to work and she had finished her work,Sometimes when i was on lunch we would chat for my hour.

Then every weekend we used the web,I flew over to visit her last Feb.Iflew to Adelaide where she drove 4-5 hours to pick me up.

we stayed 3 days in a flat by the Beautiful sea in Glenelg,It was so lovely,Then we drove to Mildura which was also Amazing,I got to meet all her Family and friends and we all got on great.

After 4 weeks it was time for me to return to England,We booked 3 days in the Big 4 Holiday park near the airport and spent our last nights watching the sun go down over the sea.It broke my heart to say goodbye at the Airport.

The plans were for her to come to England next september but first i was going over again this March to get on one knee on the beach to pop the question.

I had got a beautiful ring but last week just as i was about to book my flight she said she had changed her mind and didnt want to marry.I feel so confused i know for 100% she was the only woman for me.I dont think it is right to ask her to change her mind because she must have her reasons.My dream of selling up to move over and buy us a house is over.I love Austraila and the people.I fell in love with the place when i was there.Going to clealand wildlife park to see the wildlife was out of this world.Sorry to be so down in my first post but i find it might help to share my sorrow.Thank you if you bother to read all this and please feel free to let me know any way to mend a broken heart.Have a fantastic New Year Bill:confusedxmas:

Guest Nicky&Andy

anything worth having , is worth fighting for, dont give up . she may still be the one

or maybe oz is what you fell in love with, either one , dont give up, youll never know other wise

Hello Bill,

I am so sorry to hear of your heartbreak and hope you soon feel better. There are more fish in the sea remember but as someone else said, some things are worth fighting for and maybe you should give it a go? You sound so romantic and I'm sure plenty of women will love you for that.

I have a very similar story, but with a happy ending. My husband, also a Bill, lived in Adelaide while I lived in England, and like you we communicated by phone calls, webcams and thousands of emails. On a holiday here, Bill did go down on one knee and propose and I immediately said 'yes!' as I completely knew that he was the right one for me. He came over to England for 18 months and we married there and now we live in Adelaide. So, these long distance relationships can work out.

I hope that you find peace within yourself and I wish you a happy, successful and romantic 2009.

Guest graandjac

Hi Bill, sorry to hear your story .........Adelaide is still here can you not make the move anyway....?. If you believe in something strong enough its worth fighting for. Good luck for the future:biggrinxmas:

Guest Libby1971

Hi Bill

I know you said you had hoped for more replies but to be honest I didn't know what to say after reading this, and for a first post too, well you certainly know how to make an entrance!!!:unsure:

If you like Oz, and can envisage a life here, with or without the lady you talk about, then move mountains to make it happen. My OH thought that Oz offered us as a family a better way of life and he had been here twice before meeting me. I trusted him and here we are. That being said, we had the idea in 1996, but could not meet the criteria to apply to move here. So we did courses so we could go to uni, completed a 3 yr uni course, trained to be teachers and gained the experience we needed in order to apply. During this time, we manged to work part time and raise two gorgeous girlies. We have been here almost two years now. I do not claim to know the answers or to say that our way is best.

As for your broken heart, well, the way to get through this IMO is not to think too much about the pain now. Think about the positives to come out of your time together and what you have learnt, and now plan for the future. It won't be easy but everything happens for a reason, and you meet people for a reason whether you stay friends with them or not or become something more lasting or not. Go with the flow.

In the meantime, take care and welcome to PIA.

Guest Brummiebill66

WOW i almost gave up and felt so low but reading your lovely replys i am overwelmed.I will pm everyone to thank you sometime today.I now have a really bad cold and ach all over ect but this had made me feel better,Their are some lovely people on here thanks so much.bill xxx;)