hope to be moving soon!

stomky

Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce me and my hubby, we are hoping to be moving to Adelaide soon on a sponsored 457 visa, we're getting our medicals done next month, renting our house out (hopefully!) due to the current probs with the market.

My friend has got me a job as a nurse at Ashford hospital for which I am eternally gratefull to her for, she's been out since spring and absolutely loves it, in fact probably wouldn't be any where near as close as we are without her help, we did a reccy in November and thought Adelaide was fab, can't wait to move!:D:D

Sarah and Matt

Guest happy feet

Welcome sarah and matt... Great site that you will get loads of info from. I am also a nurse (quite afew on here) going on 457 visa 5th feb, Job at Royal Adelaide Hosp

Good luck with everything

cara xxx

Guest The Pottertons

Welcome to PIA and hope your journey is smooth. Sounds great that you already have a job. We will also probably rent out our house unless something miraculous happens to the market in 2009! :wubclub:

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Sarah and Matt.

My missus is a theater nurse and will be working at the calvary when she arrives on March 10th.

She came over with me in November but had to go back to finish off sorting the house and pups out.

Im sure your gonna love it here.

Matt

Christies Beach

Guest happy feet
G'day Sarah.

Just curious, if your a nurse why would you be coming here sponsored and not independed on a pr visa ?.

matt

Hi Matt

Not sarah but i am also a nurse coming on a sponsored 457 visa and my reason's are that i would rather wait for pr visa whilst enoying life over in Oz, but i must admit that when i was offered job i hadn't really looked into different types of visa' s :unsure: and could live to regret ( benifits) my decsion, but hey ho...

cara

The 457 is a faster issued visa Matt; somewhere between 4-12 weeks, versus the 12-18 months for the 175.!!! It doesnt preclude application for pr once you are here; in fact the process then is much faster, and can be issued on shore, i believe, though im not 100% on that.

Also, many employers are willing to support your application for pr, espesh if like nurses, they have issues with recruitment!!:)and they like you. Agency immigration officers will advise, fear not.

Recent changes with FIRB can now allow temp visa holders to buy a house (funds dependent, natc), whic is a significant shift in policy, and beneficial to the aussie economy...................but no allowance for the fist time buyers bonus, yet. So rent until it is............

Given the rubbish state of the uk,it is a nice option for those in a hurry.

Guest cornish Busdriver

G'day Jane.

We didnt wait 12 to 18 months for our pr visa, we were told by our agent "George Lombard" that its the best one for nurses to go on and will we get it a lot quicker and we had it in 9 months thats why we went straight for the pr one. We applied in march 07 and got it in December 07.

So thats why i was just curious why nurses were applying on the temp visa instead.

How long does it take to get a temp visa ?

Matt

G'day Sarah.

Just curious, if your a nurse why would you be coming here sponsored and not independed on a pr visa ?.

matt

Hiya Matt,

Think everyone else said it! I'm a little impatient! But truthfully I've been trying to work out where to move to for a few years and didn't want to wait any longer (hit the big 40 last year!)My friend did the 457 visa and yes it's so quick, she's also now applying for her permanent visa and its going through quicker as she's already living and working in OZ. I seem to think that she does have to do that leaving the country thing for 5 days though.

The plan is providing I don't have a nervous breakdown moving that far :biglaugh:and hubby can get work I'll apply for pr visa when we're in the country.:jiggy:

Sarah

G'day Jane.

We didnt wait 12 to 18 months for our pr visa, we were told by our agent "George Lombard" that its the best one for nurses to go on and will we get it a lot quicker and we had it in 9 months thats why we went straight for the pr one. We applied in march 07 and got it in December 07.

So thats why i was just curious why nurses were applying on the temp visa instead.

How long does it take to get a temp visa ?

Matt

hi Matt, Sarah again!, my friend came to Adelaide and had her interveiw in Jan/Feb last year and had left England by April.