New to PIA!

Guest tinad

Hi all

Just thought I would introduce us. We are Tina, Mick, Emily (7) and Callum (4) living in Hertfordshire. Our 176 visa application was lodged on 1st Dec 08, so I guess we have a long wait ahead of us. However , we put our house on the market before Xmas and managed to sell within a week! We are just waiting to exchange now and will then move into rented, which I am not looking forward to, but at least we won't have a house sale hanging round our neck, if and when our visa arrives. Mick has been a BT engineer for 20 years so we are hoping there is work for him! Does anyone on PIA work in telecoms? He is a fibre optic enginner and passed the TRA as a telecommunications linesperson.

Any advice would be much appreciated as this seems to be our biggest fear at the moment! (We have a new one each week!) Our best friends have been in Grange for the last four years and are very settled, so we are lucky enough to have great support with initial housing etc..

Welcome to PIA

I hope you have an enjoyable time on here. Please ask our Team of Moderators for any help on here. Of course our PIA Admin Monkey is Tim he is in charge of the site. If there is any problems that Moderators can't handle (which is very unlikely) ask Tim.

Hope your Visa wait will be short and sweet and may i wish you the very best of moving to Oz.

James Drummond

Site Welcomer