hi

Guest ste n sasha

Guest ste n sasha

Hi to everyone thats doing the same thing we are :D We have been granted our visas to go to adeliede, we are just waiting for our house to sell and to be out there hopefully by may :D We are undecided about which area to settle at the moment if anybody has got any info it would be great. We have got two daughters which are 13 and 10. cheers

Hi Lisa, welcome back :) its been quiet without you over the xmas period

Ste & Sasha, like Lisa we do keep changing our mind, the website Lisa has created is SUPER :D:D

Southern suburbs appeal, varied & the one thing I noticed recently is that they are about the same distance from Adelaide CBD as some of the Northern suburbs we are considering :)

Northern includes, Paralowie, Tee Tree Gully, Para Vista, Modbury

Southern includes, Blackwood, Seaford, Belair, Marion - these suburbs are spread across the East & West

Like everyone I want to be close to the sea, I live over 2 hours from it at the moment so anything less than that is a bonus :!: Ideally I do not want to spend loads on a house, I am happy to keep living costs low for a better location / lifestyle but who knows :!:

I think the visas are taking a couple of months from meds (approx) so we could have our visas around April 07 if all ok

Ashley is thinking around July & let the boys finish their final school term in the UK, they have to re-sit the same year in Oz anyway

Tricky is flights are MUCH more expensive during this time (UK hols) so hes now considering June (HOORAY :D )

We are discussing the house sale with friends, who are interested in buying, obviously we won't agree anything until we have the visa. But I don't want to be stuck with no sale :(

So 2007 is going to be busy for us all, but worth it I am sure in the end :)

How about you both ?

Angela

ps my boys are now speaking to your girls, they are younger but i help with the typing :wink:

Guest ste n sasha

Hi lisa,

Thanks for the link it is a great help, had a look this morning it covers everything we need to know. :D

Like you we keep looking at different areas and changing our minds :?

When did you start the process and what visa have you applied for :)

Happy new year

sasha and gang xxx

Guest ste n sasha

Hi Angela,

Thanks for info on areas to settle :D we keep going on the real estate pages but with so much choice I come of more confused than what i was before I went on :?

We are just waiting for the house to sell and it cant come quick enough :)

The girls have said that they have been talking to your boys :D Its been a lot easier especialy for paige talking to the other kids because she was a bit apprehensive about going and leaving her friends, but Immogen just thinks it one big adventure which is good :D

From the time we had our medicals we had our visas within a month so might not have wait that long :D

I am sure it will be worth all stress 8)

sasha

Guest ste n sasha

Hi Lisa,

Our visa is a STNI 137 and we were shocked how quick it came :shock:

We have to be out there by may to activate them so the heat is on :D

We had sold the house in october but the people backed out last minute guted :cry:

so back to grind stone :cry:

just hopeing it sells soon

xsashax

Guest donna T

What a nightmare to have people back out at the last minute from your house sale - that is my constant nightmare at the moment - we had the survey last week and have heard nothing since - maybe they're waiting for a last minute knock down in price - I hope not.

Can't decide on suburbs either - initially thought Cristies Beach looked fab - then read a lot of negative comments - think much like here - it all looks good on paper but you have to be there to really know

Guest ste n sasha

Hi donna,

Yeah we were devastated we were so close :( :evil: we just hope this year is better for us we have put it on now with more agents so hopefully more intrest.

Well good luck with your house sale :D

When are you hopeing to go?

xsashax

Hi Angela,

We have been living in Australia for 33yrs. Spent 12yrs in Adelaide & 21yrs in Perth. When we emigrated in 1973, we just needed chest exrays & plane tickets & we were here! We had a house built at Modbury Heights. However, with hindsight the best place to live is south of Adelaide, close to the sea. The summers can be very hot & living on the flat plains North of the City can be uncomfortable during summer. Seaford, Moana & Willunga I would recommend.Blackwood & Belair are good areas in the hills.

Paula

Guest The Ashtons

Wow now weve cleaned the house again got rid of the mince pie wrappers and the champagne bottles i can see my keyboard again,Thanx 4 all the response everybody seems so nice and helpfull and i must say so excited its a big year 4 everyone out their and i hope everybody gets what they are looking 4 :wink:

no news on the bbc yet will keep u all posted :?

Guest dglamoore
Wow now weve cleaned the house again got rid of the mince pie wrappers and the champagne bottles i can see my keyboard again,Thanx 4 all the response everybody seems so nice and helpfull and i must say so excited its a big year 4 everyone out their and i hope everybody gets what they are looking 4 :wink:

15th January BBC1 - no time yet though :lol:

Lisa

Guest The Ashtons

15th January BBC1 - no time yet though :lol:

Lisa

Lisa thanks do u know idf this is a weekly or daily show???????? :? :? :?

Guest dglamoore

Starts at 9.15am til 10am daily from 15th Jan on BBC1. Looks like the Wednesday programme will be Adelaide - will be looking out for you Ashtons :lol:

Lisa

Guest ste n sasha

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for letting us know :D I will be sat there my popcorn and coke :D

I will have to try and get video working :? for steve to watch it after his hard day at work :)

Sashaxxx