We dont often post on here but have been a member since we started the whole process of emigrating. We decided to emigrate for mainly the same reasons as most people. We have three young boys and wanted to give them the opportunity of a better lifestyle and we wanted a better lifestyle for ourselves as a family. We always thought that we would be able to achieve this. Now, we are in the situation where I have to accept that this isn't going to happen. Why ? Because we can't sell our house, we can't afford a reccie, the visa needs to be validated by 9th Feb, and we can't raise the money to do a reccie.
How, i wished we had done things differently, instead of being so cautious.
I really wish we hadn't got cold feet for a while. I also wish in some ways that my oh wasn't a bit unsure. His business as a mechanic is going well (for the time being) and he has spent a lot of time worrying that we won't have any money, we struggle alot financially here and that is with me working, so he worries that we will struggle even more so in Aus. He has worried at times that it isn't as easy to get a job as it is made out to be. But he has also said that if this is what I really want then he would give it 100% and the sort of person he is I know that he would.
We have exhausted all options of trying to raise money for a reccie we used all of what little savings we had getting the visa in the first place. Even, tried to borrow extra on the mortgage under the pretence of getting work done on the house. Even, went in to see the building soc to prove that we could afford to borrow the money as we were one of the lucky ones who have a tracker mortgage so our mortgage has gone down, but they still wont lend us anymore even though the increase on our mortgage would be minimal. How I wish, we had done what a lot of people seem to do and put our house on the market 18 months ago when we first started all of this. The shares that we had which we hoped would get us a reccie and now worth less than what we paid for them. Now, time is slipping away and we are having to get used to the idea that for some reason now is not the time for us.
Gutted, to say the least I feel like I just want the 9th Feb to slip by. Would I do the whole process again, yes I would. I really can't believe that it is all over and I feel like a great big cloud is hanging over us. The support from my family over emigrating has been great, my mum even offered to try and raise some money for us (not quite sure how as they don't have anything) . Been doing the lottery to try and see if we can win that but not holding out much hope.
The only good thing is that hopefully my oh job will remain on the wanted list and next time round we will doing things so differently.
Anyway sorry if I have ranted on i just wanted to let other people know not to leave it all to late like we have, only to realise that the dream was always there but now we cant take it.