Hey peeps :)

Guest stickman

Guest stickman

Thought I'd pop in and say "hello" again as it's been ages since I last posted - ages since I've logged in actually - I wasn't sure if a move was still really on the cards or not and the constant hope that it was going to be was doing my head in - the more I read, the harder the doubt was to deal with if that makes sense. Anyway after having got back from a trip over there in December it's all systems go again so we'll be starting our visa application in the very near future.

We loved our time in Adelaide, particularly the Hills, though the weather could have been better, lol, and are currently looking further in to employment opportunities in the area. My wife's a nurse so (touch wood) there'll be something around the Mount Barker area workwise - already had her nursing qualifications assessed so that's that out of the way.

I'm babbling now... just wanted to say hello again and warn you that there'll be a load of daft questions heading this way soon :goofy:

Bloody shame that we've lost most of the equity we had in the house that was going to fund the move but hey, we're not alone in that one. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be.

Hope all's well in your worlds anyway :)

Cheers,

Tony

Guest Lulujim

Welcome back! Pleased you've decided to give SA a go.. I know what you mean about a reccie spurring you on. We always wanted to go to Aus, and then 8 months in to the application we had offer of move down south in the UK - closer to friends, my OH is in a better job with big pay rise & prospects etc etc.. so we wondered if we were doing the right thing by moving - then we went on the reccie and came back desperate to get to Aus asap.

Now you know you're making the right decision for your family it'll make it a whole lot easier.

Good luck! :)

Guest stickman
Hiya Stickman,welcome back:)

How's sunny Leeds going??

Did I read right that you visited here in Dec and the weather was not too good???

How's sunny Leeds going?? It's going great if you love grey, -4 degrees, chavs, smackheads, congestion and litter ;) Right in the middle of a cold winter so praying that spring arrives early so that I can start enjoying the bike again rather than having to tip-toe around on greasy, salted roads.

So, while I moaned that the weather around Adelaide while we were there wasn't that good... I'd jump at the chance to swap it for this, lol, and truth be known it was only the last few days that we were there that it tuck a bit of a dive - just as I was trying to catch the Classic Car Rally. Still, a bit of rain made for some arty photos of some rather tasty machinery. It's not that the weather was bad, just not as warm as we'd expected. It rained! Must be a first for SA ;) and very welcome I expect

God it's true... all we Brits ever talk about is the weather :unsure:

Guest stickman
hello and welcome (back) to pia :wubclub:

seems like you are happy that you finally made your mind up and give it a real go!

good luck!

Thanks for the welcome back all,

Yes, just a bit happy to have it back on the cards! :jiggy: A move to NZ was on the cards about 9 years ago, then due to my father-in-law becoming terminally ill we shelved our plans. Then we were looking to NZ again about 4 years ago... had a reccie a couple of years ago and my wife decided that she wasn't sure about NZ and wanted to visit Aus to check that out before making a final decision. Obvioulsy saving for each trip takes us a good deal of time so the process seems to have been going on forever, but I know that she needs to be 100% commited for it even to stand a chance of working out.

I was becoming 'a little' frustrated about the whole thing and had started to try to forget the idea and move on, tired of having life on hold while 'chasing the dream'.

I still don't know if we'll get there, but I'm fired up to try again

Guest Guest75
How's sunny Leeds going?? It's going great if you love grey, -4 degrees, chavs, smackheads, congestion and litter ;) Right in the middle of a cold winter so praying that spring arrives early so that I can start enjoying the bike again rather than having to tip-toe around on greasy, salted roads.

So, while I moaned that the weather around Adelaide while we were there wasn't that good... I'd jump at the chance to swap it for this, lol, and truth be known it was only the last few days that we were there that it tuck a bit of a dive - just as I was trying to catch the Classic Car Rally. Still, a bit of rain made for some arty photos of some rather tasty machinery. It's not that the weather was bad, just not as warm as we'd expected. It rained! Must be a first for SA ;) and very welcome I expect

God it's true... all we Brits ever talk about is the weather :unsure:

Leeds (shudder) I was only joking when I said sunny.Looks like it's worse than when I left.

Shame you had a bad spot in the weather - it's been very mixed this last few months - gonna be a hot one on Sat though!

Guest stickman
Leeds (shudder) I was only joking when I said sunny.Looks like it's worse than when I left.

Shame you had a bad spot in the weather - it's been very mixed this last few months - gonna be a hot one on Sat though!

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on the temp over there. Don't forget the deodorant folks!

When did you leave the Leeda area then Tyke? We moved here about 10 years ago and enjoyed the place very much, but the last few years has seen quite a change with the people that you have to share the place with. We live in a lovely little spot out in the sticks so only work in the city fortunately.

Guest Guest75
Yeah I've been keeping an eye on the temp over there. Don't forget the deodorant folks!

When did you leave the Leeda area then Tyke? We moved here about 10 years ago and enjoyed the place very much, but the last few years has seen quite a change with the people that you have to share the place with. We live in a lovely little spot out in the sticks so only work in the city fortunately.

We moved here in 2000 - after some long years of planning the move.

Did a reccie in 98 and in 99 we came back and bought the house we are in now - but then had to go back to the UK to finish selling up and stuff. (this is the very abbreviated version).

We lived in Pudsey (overlooking the Owlcotes Centre).

You could see the place going downhill then!!!

I'd grown up in the Farsley/Pudsey/Bramley area when there was a community there.

Good that you live a little further out:)