Hi from an Aussie in the UK moving to Adelaide

Guest seayork2002

Guest seayork2002

Hi Everyone!

After moving numerous times from Sydney to the UK I thought the only next logicial step was to move to Adelaide. (As I am not a "Pom" I hope I can still be on here)

My husband is English and my son is "Yorkshire" we say that so he can play cricket for them when he is older (my husband say we have to wait until he is at least 2) although rumour has it they take anyone (even Aussies....more fool them!!!)

Not sure what else to say

Hope to talk to you soon

Hi Everyone!

After moving numerous times from Sydney to the UK I thought the only next logicial step was to move to Adelaide. (As I am not a "Pom" I hope I can still be on here)

My husband is English and my son is "Yorkshire" we say that so he can play cricket for them when he is older (my husband say we have to wait until he is at least 2) although rumour has it they take anyone (even Aussies....more fool them!!!)

Not sure what else to say

Hope to talk to you soon

Hi and welcome to PIA , doesnt matter if your aussie hun your very welcome ;)

Guest seayork2002

I am really, And if one more person says to me, after hearing my accent, "your not from around here........what on earth would you move here......it can't be for the weather!" I will scream LOL!!!

Welcome to PIA

I'm sure you are looking forward to moving back 'home'

Good luck

Guest caoimhe
I am really, And if one more person says to me, after hearing my accent, "your not from around here........what on earth would you move here......it can't be for the weather!" I will scream LOL!!!

Funny in the 6 weeks we have been here all the Australians tell us we have made the right choice to come here....yet no-one in the UK would ever dream of saying that to a migrant from OZ

Hi

I was born in Sydney, moved to the Uk about 40 years ago, then nearly five years ago, moved to Adelaide with my family. Not sure what that makes me - a Pom or an Ozzie or just an adopted Essex Girl! Got a fine collection of passports for any occasion though, and a dodgy English accent to throw the locals off the scent!

Welcome, and look forward to welcoming you to Adelaide (by the way, 41 degs forecast for next Tuesday - just so you can fully appreciate the English cold weather!)

Diane