Quote Originally Posted by jackie&tony View Post

We are new to this website, it was such a good find and has made me feel a bit more confident on the move down under!
We are just waiting for our visa to be granted, it seems we've been waiting for ages.
Myself, my husband Tony and my two children Finlay(6) and Matilda(3) are excited about the move but very nervous. I feel awful about taking the children away from everything they know did anyone else feel the same?

Those that have children did they cope well with the move?

For the benefit of my husband........are there any Chelsea supporters in Adelaide!!!!

Happy new year to you all

Jackie and the Evans family
Hi there,

welcome to PIA and we are Glasgow Rangers as well as Chelsea Supporters in Adelaide.

I'm pretty sure your kids will cope fine.

We moved here in march 08 with a 9 year old and 6 year old and they have adapted so well, it has shocked us.

My parents and also my m-i-Law have visited and are a bit upset at how well the kids have coped (I think secretly they were hoping the kids would miss them too much and want to come back to Scotland, but alas it isn't the case).

What I have found is that as long as you have a good strong family unit, you will cope well as long as you all look out for each other.

You and the kids will be fine and just remember why you are doing it in the first place, it's not to be rotten to everybody, but to do what you think best for you and your family.

Good luck x