Hello everyone!!

Guest jackie&tony

Guest jackie&tony

Hello.

We are new to this website, it was such a good find and has made me feel a bit more confident on the move down under!

We are just waiting for our visa to be granted, it seems we've been waiting for ages.

Myself, my husband Tony and my two children Finlay(6) and Matilda(3) are excited about the move but very nervous. I feel awful about taking the children away from everything they know did anyone else feel the same?

:unsure:

Those that have children did they cope well with the move?

For the benefit of my husband........are there any Chelsea supporters in Adelaide!!!!

Happy new year to you all

Jackie and the Evans family

xx:wubclub:

Hello.

We are new to this website, it was such a good find and has made me feel a bit more confident on the move down under!

We are just waiting for our visa to be granted, it seems we've been waiting for ages.

Myself, my husband Tony and my two children Finlay(6) and Matilda(3) are excited about the move but very nervous. I feel awful about taking the children away from everything they know did anyone else feel the same?

For the benefit of my husband........are there any Chelsea supporters in Adelaide!!!!

Hi Jackie

Welcome to PIA, what visa are you waiting for? I know exactly what you mean about taking the children - wondering if you're doing the right thing, then again I look round where I live and I know I'm doing the right thing!

My OH is a lifelong Chelsea supporter, so when we get there there'll be him at least (I'm sure there are more on here).

Kim x

Welcome,

Kids seem to settle fine here

as for Chelsea supporters here that would depend after sundays result!:P

Hello and welcome to PIA. Don't worry about the children. They will settle better than you will. They will take it all in their stride and have loads of new friends in no time.

As for the Chelski thing. :rolleyes: No one is perfect. Maybe the miles will cure him of his affliction. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest jackie&tony
Hi Jackie

Welcome to PIA, what visa are you waiting for? I know exactly what you mean about taking the children - wondering if you're doing the right thing, then again I look round where I live and I know I'm doing the right thing!

My OH is a lifelong Chelsea supporter, so when we get there there'll be him at least (I'm sure there are more on here).

Kim x

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your reply, the visa we are waiting on is a 136 skilled independent visa and it's taken forever. We got a case officer begining of dec so fingers crossed it will be any day. Then its just selling the house which is our next hurdle.

I'm glad your OH is a Chelsea fan my OH thinks he'll miss his team more than his family...........actually I think i'd miss Chelsea more than his family lol.

What visa are you going on?

Have you got work lined up? My husbands a carpenter so not sure if theres much work out there fingers crossed.

What area are you looking at in Adelaide?

Jackie x

Guest jackie&tony

Thanks Ian and Rachel.

I'm sure the kids will do fine though still stressed.

As for Chelsea........it was a great result on Sunday.....kept the OH quiet all evening. Come on Southend tonight.

Jackie

Guest jackie&tony
Hello and welcome to PIA. Don't worry about the children. They will settle better than you will. They will take it all in their stride and have loads of new friends in no time.

As for the Chelski thing. :rolleyes: No one is perfect. Maybe the miles will cure him of his affliction. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hello. :notworthy:

I think it would take more than a few miles to cure him....

How long have you been in Adelaide? How many children do you have? How do you find it?

Cheers

Jackie

I'm glad your OH is a Chelsea fan my OH thinks he'll miss his team more than his family...........actually I think i'd miss Chelsea more than his family lol.

Hi Jackie

:biglaugh::biglaugh: I know that feeling !!

George is a chippie too, we're going on a 175, still no CO and just waiting.

No idea what area to settle - have researched loads of places via net etc but its really difficult to make a decision, seen some lovely looking places but might not like the "feel" of the place when you're there, we'll see when we eventually get there. How about you?

Kim x

Guest allencarter2004@yahoo.co.

Hi Jackie and Tony

It will be good to welcome another 'blue' to Adelaide, there are already too many predominantly red replica shirts here for my liking!

I am sure you will like Adelaide its a great place to be. We have been here since sept (2008), currently living in Glenelg - cant say I miss the UK too much!

Have got my daughter and grandsons arriving mid march - some more blues amongst them. Son in law is a gooner but he cant help it!

If you are a golfer as well Tony I'm sure we will get on fine!

Good Luck to all of you

Allen

Guest Dave & Carole

HI welcome.

Like you we are awaiting our visa and moving out with 2 children (5 & 3). The 3 year old is oblivious & I think he'll be fine. We've recently told the 5 year old - she is very excited but worried about missing her friends - I just keep telling her that's normally & how we feel.

As a teacher I've seen lots of children come & go in schools, both within the UK and from abroad. The children are invariably fine - happier much quicker than their parents! On a 'wobble' day I just have to remind myself of that.

Carole

Hello.

Hi there,

welcome to PIA and we are Glasgow Rangers as well as Chelsea Supporters in Adelaide.

I'm pretty sure your kids will cope fine.

We moved here in march 08 with a 9 year old and 6 year old and they have adapted so well, it has shocked us.

My parents and also my m-i-Law have visited and are a bit upset at how well the kids have coped (I think secretly they were hoping the kids would miss them too much and want to come back to Scotland, but alas it isn't the case).

What I have found is that as long as you have a good strong family unit, you will cope well as long as you all look out for each other.

You and the kids will be fine and just remember why you are doing it in the first place, it's not to be rotten to everybody, but to do what you think best for you and your family.

Good luck x