Help please 1st visit!!!

Guest brav139

Guest brav139

Hi all,

We are Tony & Nicole, and two boys Tom 15 & Jack 8. We are currently both working on our Business Management Degree to hopefully assist us in moving over to Adelaide in a couple of years. I (Tony) am a production manager in the food industry and Nicole is a Business development manger in NVQ training.

How ever we are planning to come over to Adelaide Aug 19th 09 for a holiday & 1st reccie. We are having a little difficulty find somewhere to stay, 1st - We are unsure of where to stay..lol, we thought we could hire a car to carry out our research, but were thinking that we would like to be some where nice where we could entertain the children locally during the days, evenings. 2nd - The boys have requested a house with a pool even though the weather will be colder. Would they be able to use a pool at this time of the year or is it going to be a waste of money. 3rd - We would prefer to rent a home for the 15 days we are there, so we can have our own space, but the few we have seen are asking $250 - $350 per night (Stayz website) does this seem reasonable? 4th - We are currently getting prices of £3200 for our flights from Manchester to Adelaide via Singapore, does this sound reasonable?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Tony Nicole & Boys

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi, have a look at adelaideshores.com.au its more of a holiday site , (might not be what you want) but a good base to do a recci, they provide a curtesy bus to public transport, their dolphin cabin has aircon/heating , dishwasher, washing machine , tv , micro wave , oven etc, basically home from home, for us it worked out alot cheaper, (& its got a pool)its near semaphore .on the beach front. although we havnt stayed there yet, we go out in feb (4 weeks:D) to activate r visa , will be happy to let you know what its like

Guest Lulujim

Hi We did a recce in Oct/Nov last year and stayed at adelaide shores too. (Very nr airport)

There are buses that stop outside and got to CBD and Glenelg which is handy, and there's a cafe and shop within walking distance.

For the 2nd bit of the trip we stayed at: http://www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au/sa/adelaide/adelaide_beachfront

I would highly recommend here too. The beach cabins are BIG and have 3 good sized bedrooms. Double bed in one, bunks in another and 2x singles in third. Kitchen, dinding area, sitting room area with 2 sofas and big bathroom with separate loo... Tv, dvd, dishwasher, hi-fi, w. machine, clothes airer etc etc.. You have your own verandah looking out to the sea and it is literally 1/2 mins to one of the most beautiful beaches - Semaphore Park.

Pools at both places although they were cold (very cold) then. Both have internet access too btw.

Good luck! :biglaugh:

Guest Nicky&Andy

:jiggy:i'm shot away, too excited, hope i dont end up going to the wrong country,:biglaugh: ignore the first one i said , we are staying in the discovery holiday park as well, adelaide beachfront, on military rd, samaphore park

glad to hear it sounds quite nice,

Guest Bristol_Matt

With regards Point 4, flights:

I am assuming you have looked at Qantas, BA, Cathay Pacific and found Singapore Airlines to be best for you?

If you do decide to use them, please can I ask a big favour? When you decide to make the booking, go to my own website http://www.puzzle-shack.co.uk/Links.htm from there scroll down and click on "Singapore Airlines". This link will take you to the official site. Any booking you now make, I will receive a 1% 'finders fee', so in this case about £32 (this will not affect how much you pay at all). I would be more than willing to split this with you if you have a Paypal account?

Regards

Matt

Guest Guest75

Hiya Tony and Nicole

There is a site allied to PIA called Rentals In Oz.Some to choose e from there.

If you add in the postcode 5000 ,that will give you the city centre.

http://www.rentalsinoz.com/

August is not a warm time here,you'd be wasting you money on a pool at that time of year.

I certainly would not swim in mine at that time of year!!!

Guest brav139

Thankyou to all posters, we are currently looking through all the suggested sites. I'm sure we'll find something on one of them alot cheaper than we would have found on our own.

:jiggy:

Guest guest569
With regards Point 4, flights:

I am assuming you have looked at Qantas, BA, Cathay Pacific and found Singapore Airlines to be best for you?

If you do decide to use them, please can I ask a big favour? When you decide to make the booking, go to my own website http://www.puzzle-shack.co.uk/Links.htm from there scroll down and click on "Singapore Airlines". This link will take you to the official site. Any booking you now make, I will receive a 1% 'finders fee', so in this case about £32 (this will not affect how much you pay at all). I would be more than willing to split this with you if you have a Paypal account?

Regards

Matt

Have added that link to my favourites for when my parents book this year. Thanks:wubclub:

Went to Brisbane, Sydney and then Adelaide through "Freedom Australia" in December 08. Flights were with Singapore Airlines, was not too bad. Accommodation in Adelaide was Oaks Horizon. Nice little hotel/apartment complex actually! Look up that one, there's that one and then there's another one right next door to it called The Embassy (also owned by Oaks). This is in the city, but even so it's very quiet and situated right next to a convenience store and you can walk up the road to get the free trams to Rundle Mall. Lots of lovely restaraunts in the city too. Also, Kangaroo Island tours thingies pick up from The Embassy (I did a day one, it's quite nice - you do see a lot in the space of the day but it really is an early start! Very worthwhile).

Worth investigating those two. =)

I think, Brisbane and Sydney were too hot for me :dull: Adelaide wins!