Moving to Adelaide in April and won't know anyone!!!

Guest Maz14

Hiya!

just a quick update as i haven't been on here for absolutely ages. Our 475 visa was granted in October and times have been very hectic since!

We're planning a 2 month holiday on the way over to chill us out a bit and we leave the UK in 3 weeks. We arrive in Adelaide for Easter weekend and have secured a short term rental in Glenelg for a couple of weeks.

Hoping to spend those couple of weeks finding a long term rental, getting jobs and getting to know the area!

If anyone else is going to be in the same position, please let us know as it would be good to find some friendly faces!!

Maz

Hi Maz

We are also having a holiday on the way only for 1 month though. Where are you going? 2 months will be lovely. We are going to Malaysia and Thailand. Looking forward to it but got the wobbles at the moment as we also are arriving with no jobs and don't know anyone. It's scary isn't it? We leave on 15.02 and it seems ot be coming round quickly now. I am off on a leaving do with all my girl friends today and am sure I will end up crying at the end of the day!

Jan XX

Hi Maz

We are also having a holiday on the way only for 1 month though. Where are you going? 2 months will be lovely. We are going to Malaysia and Thailand. Looking forward to it but got the wobbles at the moment as we also are arriving with no jobs and don't know anyone. It's scary isn't it? We leave on 15.02 and it seems ot be coming round quickly now. I am off on a leaving do with all my girl friends today and am sure I will end up crying at the end of the day!

Jan XX

Hi Jan

We're going to Thailand for a month, then getting a campervan to travel down the west coast of Australia for a month. I've been to Malaysia before, it's lovely - especially the Perhentian Islands. So, you'll be arriving in Adelaide about mid March? are you looking to move to the city or coast? We're hoping for coast. Keep me posted on your progress, have a nice leaving do - one of many i should think and lots of tears to follow!!

Maz

x

Hey guys.

Yes it will seem daunting coming to a new place and not knowing anyone. This is an excellent forum for meeting peolpe tho.

Just get yourself out there as much as possible to start, there is always meet ups going on that are posted on here, family, girls, lads, childless couples. So something to suit all. The first one or two can be a bit nerve racking but then it eases.

Enjoy your holidays and may see you in Adelaide one day!

Andy & Stacey

Hi Jan

We're going to Thailand for a month, then getting a campervan to travel down the west coast of Australia for a month. I've been to Malaysia before, it's lovely - especially the Perhentian Islands. So, you'll be arriving in Adelaide about mid March? are you looking to move to the city or coast? We're hoping for coast. Keep me posted on your progress, have a nice leaving do - one of many i should think and lots of tears to follow!!

Maz

x

Sounds good 1 month in a campervan as you will see a lot of Australia doing that. Myabe we should ahve done that. I have been to Thailand but not to Malaysia so am looking forward to it, especially some sun. We arrive in Adelaide on 13.03. No idea where we will end up living, like to be near the sea but then again am very open to all areas.

The leaving do was great although realised when I go to my front door that I had no keys and my hubby had gone to Haydock horse races and stayed overnight so couldn't get in the house. I had my friend with me staying over and her bags and keys were in there!! I couldn't believe it so had to beg a bed at my neighbours house. Certainly will never do that again, lesson learnt leave a spare key with a neighbour. Certainly won't forget that night in a hurry.

Also thanks Andy and Scooterdan for your words and we will certainly come along to a meet up when we arrive.......with house keys in hand ha ha:)

Hi there, we have been here for about 7 weeks and have found people to be enormously friendly and accommodating. We live in Glenelg. We'll be more than happy to meet up and show you around here.......stop for coffee.....hang on the beach........!!

Hi, sounds like you've settled in there. Glenelg is our first choice to look for rentals. How are you finding it there, are rentals expensive and did you manage to find one quite quickly?

Really looking forward to moving there, it looks absolutely brilliant, see you soon!!!

Maz

Guest Jamie&Carrie
Welcome to PIA,

As Andy said there are plenty of meets here for anyone to go to....or just drop us a PM or txt (number in sig)!!

Good luck with the move and enjoy the holiday!

Dan and Steph

Dan!! You would make an excellent PIA meeter and greeter dude.

How many people have your mobile number! :eek:

Seriously though, you make everyone feel welcome here so thanks to you! :notworthy:

Welcome to you MAZ. :jiggy:

If you're on facebook check out 'expats in adelaide' group. alot of us on there. Its not a british expats group but for 'everyone'. We have meetups once per month. It's good for when you don't know anyone here plus I'll be happy to talk to anyone if they come up and say hello!

I met Scooty Dan/Steph, Kris&Liz there and Suzer. Good folk.

Guest Chichester

Hi,I am obviously a bit slow on the uptake,have just found this site. We have been here 15months and live in Glenelg. You will love it here it's lovely. It's possible to find rentals quite easily. Hope to meet you when you arrive.:jiggy:

Dan!! You would make an excellent PIA meeter and greeter dude.

How many people have your mobile number! :eek:

Seriously though, you make everyone feel welcome here so thanks to you! :notworthy:

Welcome to you MAZ. :jiggy:

If you're on facebook check out 'expats in adelaide' group. alot of us on there. Its not a british expats group but for 'everyone'. We have meetups once per month. It's good for when you don't know anyone here plus I'll be happy to talk to anyone if they come up and say hello!

I met Scooty Dan/Steph, Kris&Liz there and Suzer. Good folk.

hiya, thanks! I've now joined that facebook group and will be in touch once we arrive in Adelaide to find out the next meet up! Everyone's been so friendly, can't wait to meet everyone and have a few drinks together!