Hello

Guest Farrows

Guest Farrows

We have just had our visa granted (scary):jiggy: on 5th jan and now the fun begins!! We are looking to move to Adelaide and would really appeciate all the advice going!! any areas anyone can recommend.

OH is stonemason.

We have a footie mad 7 year old so be great if anyone knows what youth soccer football is like over there,

Really be good just to chat!!

we are Becki (36) Simon (37) Alfie (7) and Charlie (4).

I am now excited but also getting very scared and panicky be great to hear from anyone:o

Hi guys,

Welcome to PIA. All the hardship and stress is done now you have the visa in the bag. There is plenty of football going on over here though the locals keep calling it soccer for some reason.:biglaugh: Adelaide United are currently the best team in Australia and are having a great season.

As for where to live????? Only you can really decide that. We live to the south of Adelaide and love the easy access to shops, the beaches and the hills. We also live close to a great school which is handy for us having an 8 year old along with a 6, 3 and 1 year old.:swoon:

We love the area as others love their area. Until you see it all for yourself you can't really make a decission. We live in Morphett Vale. This is one area we didn't even earmark as a possible before we left the UK. Other areas we thought we would like, on viewing we decided they were not for us.

Pete

Hello and welcome to PIA. Isn't it great when you get that visa? Such an exciting time ahead, but yes, scary too. This site will be really useful and you will learn so much - about Adelaide and all it has to offer and the people who post! We live in Seacliff,in the south, and we really love it here. We are two minutes from the beach, my husband takes the train (a 1 minute walk to the station) to Mawson Lakes for work and it takes about 35 minutes to drive to the city. Seacliff is right next to Kingston Park which has a beachside cafe, tennis courts (free), barbecues, kayak hire etc. We shop at either Hallett Cove, Brighton or Marion - all three are relatively close by.

Good luck with your research and your move to Adelaide.

You have made a good choice with Adelaide - I have been to every capital city and this is easily the best - balanced because of population size, climate jobs and natural beauty.

Sport is great and they are soccer mad here with excellent training for all ages

If your husband is a stonemason he has landed in heaven - many bluestone homes here needing constant repair and not enough stonemasons

Look at http://www.buildadelaide.com.au if you want information about the building industry

Email me on d.hensman@buildadelaide.com.au and I will introduce you to some good stonemason contacts

Regards

Dennis

Guest Farrows

Just wanted to say big thanks for all the replies so far :jiggy:

many more questions to come just working on list now - so much to think about isn't there!

Really pleased to hear soccer - football to us going strong there as think my eldest son would not be able to cope not being able to play.

Not 100 % certain how site works so hope we are doing ok.:wacko:

Thanks again.

Guest Farrows
You have made a good choice with Adelaide - I have been to every capital city and this is easily the best - balanced because of population size, climate jobs and natural beauty.

Sport is great and they are soccer mad here with excellent training for all ages

If your husband is a stonemason he has landed in heaven - many bluestone homes here needing constant repair and not enough stonemasons

Look at www.buildadelaide.com.au if you want information about the building industry

Email me on d.hensman@buildadelaide.com.au and I will introduce you to some good stonemason contacts

Regards

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

many thanks for the positive reply have tried to send e-mail to you but keep getting faiure notice be really good to contact you re stonemason contacts etc.- new to forum so not sure best way to do this is it private message or this way will try e-mail again.

kind regards Simon

Try the following links for local football.

www.saasl.com.au for lower level local clubs, many have junior set ups as well.

The more senior clubs (also with junior teams) can be found on www.ffsa.com.au

When you get here beware of adverts in papers or outside parks that say 'football players wanted' etc as they usually refer to the Aussie Rules variety, not our round ball game.

Guest Farrows

:jiggy:

Try the following links for local football.

www.saasl.com.au for lower level local clubs, many have junior set ups as well.

The more senior clubs (also with junior teams) can be found on www.ffsa.com.au

When you get here beware of adverts in papers or outside parks that say 'football players wanted' etc as they usually refer to the Aussie Rules variety, not our round ball game.

Hi thanks for that info will look into those sites son not keen on leaving all his friends and football team so hopefully this will help in making the move more attractive to him