What’s going on with the threads on here?

Guest cornish Busdriver

Guest cornish Busdriver

What’s going on with the threads on here?:confused:

They always seem to end up with a lot of slanging off between people who have adapted, embraced the Aussie way of life and are really settled. Then there are throughs who are having a hard time adjusting or settling in. Come on people we all have our own opinions but we should toe the line a bit as things are getting sometimes quite personal against each other.

I’m lucky as I’ve settled in and having a great time, yes things have been hard at times but I haven’t or ever let it get me down; hell my missus is still back in Cornwall and doesn’t get here to March 10th but you will never see or hear me complaining about things.

I was planning on being a programmer and web designer but I’m back bus driving instead, I’m not complaining as it’s a job.

If people are having a hard time and feeling really down and out or just need to chat then please people can we just lend them an ear and offer advice if they want it without all the sarcasm please.

If anyone does wanna chat and get things off their chest then grab a fishing rod and meet me sometime down on the beach. Nothing better than chilling out and getting some hooks wet when you’re a bit stressed.

i think sometimes people misread posts. Its vewy difficult to type with a tone of voice or facial expression etc so personally my thoughts are alot of people read into things that arent there.

I also hate this whole generalisation thing, i think if someones upset you tell them lol, but i think people do misconstrue what others type on here ;).

They always seem to end up with a lot of slanging off between people who have adapted, embraced the Aussie way of life and are really settled. Then there are throughs who are having a hard time adjusting or settling in. Come on people we all have our own opinions but we should toe the line a bit as things are getting sometimes quite personal against each other.

I’m lucky as I’ve settled in and having a great time, yes things have been hard at times but I haven’t or ever let it get me down; hell my missus is still back in Cornwall and doesn’t get here to March 10th but you will never see or hear me complaining about things.

I was planning on being a programmer and web designer but I’m back bus driving instead, I’m not complaining as it’s a job.

If people are having a hard time and feeling really down and out or just need to chat then please people can we just lend them an ear and offer advice if they want it without all the sarcasm please.

If anyone does wanna chat and get things off their chest then grab a fishing rod and meet me sometime down on the beach. Nothing better than chilling out and getting some hooks wet when you’re a bit stressed.

In my opinion, I have noticed a change in the threads on PIA as well.

I feel now that more people are writing about when things are not going so well and being honest about how they feel. You only have to look at the thread from the Baddeleys about should they return to the UK – there have been over 9,000 views to that thread the most I have ever seen by far.

Perhaps now people are more open to hearing about the negatives as well as the positives about starting a new life in another country. In the past I have always felt that people only wanted to hear the good bits, which is understandable when you are moving out of your comfort zone.

We have had it pretty easy over here (but then I think that has a lot to do with your attitude when you come over), but recently I have had a very bad experience with my employer which resulted in me being forced to resign from my job. I have been reluctant to post the thread on what has happened since that lady who also had a very bad experience with her employers while on a temporary visa wrote about it and someone reported her to the employers. This kind of thing helps no one.

We need to remember we are all in the same boat and when you start a new life in another country, often the only people that can truly understand what you have been through are the people who have done it as well.

I cnt recall anyone saying that moving over to the other side of the world is a piece of cake, its a big old roller coaster ride that goes on for a very long time ( and trust me we have had more than our fair share of crap in the 9 months we have been here ) .

I think what annoys certain people are those who pick up on certain things, methods that the Aussies have or the way they do things, at the end of the day there aint much point in commenting/critisising/moaning etc etc, as it will change nowt what will be will be you have to adapt.

We have had to big time my mrs is now working hard as, and that was not in the plan.

This is NOT intended as a dog or poke at anyone i am saying it from the way we have dealt with things.

Think Australian be Australian is the way i look at things.

Just noticed more digs at each other poping up on threads more offen.

A lot of what you may class as 'digs' is often a case of banter between people that know each other 'off site' or have known each other 'on site' for a good while. Again its a case of knowing who knows who. Also emphasising different words in a post does give a post a different slant on a second reading.

Pete

I agree with the above and I know people that no longer use the site because of perceived squabbling and sarcasm.

Whenever I have posted I have had great and informative replies but sometimes you read other threads where you cringe at what other people have replied!

Some people like lively debate and write to incite this, others do not - perhaps debate should take place in an alternative place - like the pub!

Cheers!

Catherine

Just noticed more digs at each other poping up on threads more offen.

When I joined the forum nearly two years ago there were about 600 members and only a handful in Adelaide, now it has over 3200 members thats a lot of ego's to have in one place and not suprising you get the odd spat. Also many more have made the move to Adelaide and therefore many more problems have been experienced and shared, this does not make the forum more negative it makes it more realistic and more useful to those still to make the move.

If you post your opinions and thoughts on a forum that over 3000 strangers read don't be suprised if you get replies you don't like, but if your likely to get upset or angry by people posting their reply best not post. Why some people worry so much what others think is beyond me, read the posts, some are useful, interesting or funny, some are anoying, ignore these, move on you must have somthing better to do than get angry about what someone you have never met thinks about you, grow up!!!!!

Simon:):):)

Guest sarahsmartiepants
When I joined the forum nearly two years ago there were about 600 members and only a handful in Adelaide, now it has over 3200 members thats a lot of ego's to have in one place and not suprising you get the odd spat. Also many more have made the move to Adelaide and therefore many more problems have been experienced and shared, this does not make the forum more negative it makes it more realistic and more useful to those still to make the move.

If you post your opinions and thoughts on a forum that over 3000 strangers read don't be suprised if you get replies you don't like, but if your likely to get upset or angry by people posting their reply best not post. Why some people worry so much what others think is beyond me, read the posts, some are useful, interesting or funny, some are anoying, ignore these, move on you must have somthing better to do than get angry about what someone you have never met thinks about you, grow up!!!!!

Simon:):):)

I was going to post my own reply, but yours just about sums mine up, thanks Simon!:biglaugh:

sarah

Except to add if people leave because someone has "upset" them in their typings then an open to thousands of posters and opinions forum is not the place for them!

Guest graandjac

:)I think its all down to PIA getting bigger and therefore the more members the bigger the chance there is of a disagreement. I guess it could be a victim of its own sucess, others talk of the yellow pages which we have never looked into which i have been told started out small and friendly.

I guess its a human thing, its good to disagree but over the net things that are said with no malice can get taken out of context , as Clare said you cant see expression, but the imotions help:p:Randy-git:;)

Guest caoimhe
I've been using PIA for a while now and still don't know how to insert a smiley face unless I have started a thread!

Nothing to do with this thread but please help.

1st click 'Quote post' then add in your text and then click on the Smiley on the right that applies to what you want to say, If not sure 'Preview post' and this will show how it will look, if happy click Submit reply :wacko:;):D

Guest caoimhe
1st click 'Quote post' then add in your text and then click on the Smiley on the right that applies to what you want to say, If not sure 'Preview post' and this will show how it will look, if happy click Submit reply :wacko:;):D

Clear as Mud:biglaugh:

I've been using PIA for a while now and still don't know how to insert a smiley face unless I have started a thread!

Nothing to do with this thread but please help.

Just click on the smilie you want (from the panel on the right hand side).

If the one you want isn't shown then click on [More] underneath the smilies and you get a full screen of all the smilies in a new window (which you may need to maximise). Click on the smilie(s) you want then close the window and it should be there on your reply. Hope this makes sense !:unsure::wubclub::cool::err: