I'm coming back!

Guest cdaborn

Guest cdaborn

Hi All

Haven't contributed much since I first posted. Lots has happened.

I lived in Glenelg for 12 months (2007) whilst on a teacher exchange. Met a fabulous man and fell in love but had to come back to the UK. We have continued our long distance relationship and I went back for a visit August 2008 when we became engaged. After lots of paperwork filling, medicals and lots and lots of waiting I was granted my prospective marriage visa today. I am looking to fly out early Feb. Fortunately I have been moving things my mothers for about a month now but I am frantically sorting out which things I need to bring to Oz and what I can donate or give away.

However, I also have a wedding to organise. The date is set 29th March (yes 2009) and only the venue and celebrant are booked. I don't have a dress!

Any suggestions forhelpful, reliable and reasonably priced wedding suppliers would be greatly received.

Carolyn:)

p.s. Have been grinning from ear to ear all day since I got the news. Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I can look forward to my new life in Adelaide.

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I remember replying to your question a few months ago about whether to use an agent, as I did the same as you back in 1994 and got married in Adelaide.

Are any of your family able to make the journey out for the wedding?? I just had my Mum and Dad and an Auntie and Uncle there, plus 2 girl friends. But although the wedding guests were 90% from my husband's side I still had a fantastic wedding and a great honeymoon up in Port Douglas.

I made my wedding dress before I left England (gave me something to do to pass the time!), with a slim dead straight skirt so it wouldn't take up much room, and my parents brought it out with them when they flew over for the wedding. I remember there used to be a few wedding dress shops along Payneham Road.

Good luck and all the best for the future !!!

Anne

The Wedding shop on Payneham Road is Jenny & Jerry's Bridal - that's where I got my Maggie Soteiro (sp) dress from - it's not a cheap shop by all means - my dress cost me $2,500! And then there's all the accessories to go with it. They were good though as I only had 4 months before I got married and they got the dress in stock in time. This was back in 2003.

Why don't you log onto www.weddingsa.com.au as there are plenty of girls who can give you up to date advice. There is also a wedding book that is published quarterly in Adelaide which was given out free to all those who placed an advert in the Advertiser Newspaper, other than that all good newsagents will sell it to you.

A cheaper option is to go to the Op Shops, you might just find the perfect dress!

We had our honeymoon on Hamilton Island - wonderful!

Have a wonderful day!

Hi All

I lived in Glenelg for 12 months (2007) whilst on a teacher exchange. Met a fabulous man and fell in love but had to come back to the UK. We have continued our long distance relationship and I went back for a visit August 2008 when we became engaged. After lots of paperwork filling, medicals and lots and lots of waiting I was granted my prospective marriage visa today. I am looking to fly out early Feb. Fortunately I have been moving things my mothers for about a month now but I am frantically sorting out which things I need to bring to Oz and what I can donate or give away.

However, I also have a wedding to organise. The date is set 29th March (yes 2009) and only the venue and celebrant are booked. I don't have a dress!

Any suggestions for helpful, reliable and reasonably priced wedding suppliers would be greatly received.

Carolyn

p.s. Have been grinning from ear to ear all day since I got the news. Now I see a light at the end of the tunnel and I can look forward to my new life in Adelaide.

Hi Carolyn

Don't have any suggestions I'm afraid but just wanted to pass on my congratulations and wish you all the best for the future.

12_3_124.gif 36_1_1.gif 36_3_28.gif [

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZJxdm314YYGB

Guest cdaborn

Hi All

Thanks for all your replies and suggestions. Flight booked arrive in Adelaide 10th Feb. Frantically sorting and packing. Shipping companies quoting this week. Also need to fit in meeting up with friends to say goodbye (not looking forwardv to that bit). Have managed to catch a cold which is slowing me down a bit.

Thanks again

Carolyn

Guest covfan71
Hi All

Any suggestions forhelpful, reliable and reasonably priced wedding suppliers would be greatly received.

Carolyn:)

Do yo want accessory shops in Oz or UK.. If the UK is alright then check out www.weddingaccessories4u.co.uk . It is a small business run by my sister and she sells everything from confetti to the gown. I got married last August and bought nearly everything from her, and that's not because she is my sister but because she had everything we needed. check out her hand made cards. She will post out anything you need. Mention my name and she will probably give you a discount as well. Obviously smaller gifts will be ideal to fit in the suitcase and probably cheaper than Oz.

Mark