newbie advise plz

Guest wingy

hi im just new to this site and was looking for advise plz i have posted on other forums and no one is answering me my oh is a welder fabricator we have 2 small boys 1 and 3 and was wondering what adelaide was like for young family and weather and temp in summer and winter is cost of living cheap ie rentals etc etc

thanks for any info

tracey

Guest Tiddlypush

Hi dont know much as still here but welcome to pia, mostly a friendly bunch so someone will be able to help. As far as I can tell its swings and roundabouts in Adelaide for costings. How far down the line are you going.

In my opinion only, Adelaide is a great place for young familes, not so sure about for ever. Cost of living for us is similar to UK. For me pros and cons are very finely balanced.

I would say, in the current economic climate, make sure you really, really want to come, especially if you are close to family and friends over there.

Summer can be very hot (42 yesterday, 44 due today) winter feels cold, only drops to about 10 but believe me that does feel quite cold as you acclimatise. Never that dull dreary winter feel that goes on for months like in the UK, but you would be amazed how quickly people start to moan about the heat, as that can be fairly restrictive too. I find the climate really pleasant for the majority of the time.

We are enjoying living here, but there are plenty in the living it loving it brigade who will be along soon to tell you how crap the UK is and how great Adealide is, and that you should make the move no matter what.

We are enjoying living here, but there are plenty in the living it loving it brigade who will be along soon to tell you how crap the UK is and how great Adealide is, and that you should make the move no matter what.

:)lol....The heats got you fired up this morning foxychick :mad::realmad:

JO

I would say that the cost of living is roughly the same, we pay the same for our food bills, utility bills etc but it is a great place for family. We have 4 kids and have had sooo many family days out that we never had in the UK. There is the beach that is free and manyother days out that if you take a picnic with you will only cost you the fuel to get there and the cost of an icecream. We have a better quality of life here, only I work whereas in the UK we both worked and were scrabbling together the pennies and raiding the kids money boxes a towards the end of the month. Now we have money left over. Getting paid fortnightly helps too. My kids love it although Sophie last night told me she wanted to go to England to be cold for a little while.

HTH

Guest graandjac

user_offline.gifreport.gif

As one of the loving it brigade;), we left the uk 9 months ago i dont think anyone who has been here past say 7-8 months knows what the uk is like anymore seeing as it has sunk even further. Been wanting to do this for months now .....i will go to the shops and write a price list of items for someone over there to compare, this should bive peeps a good idea of prices.