Just to say hiya

Guest TheDeansDownUnder

Guest happy-jools

Hi Guys and welcome to PIA.

Make yourself available to us still left in England, as Im sure we will have many questions about life Down Under.

Hope things are going well for you.

;)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Leanne;)

Nice to see you on here hope you are all settling well.

Will have to try and catch up with now things are starting to calm down a bit:confused:

Lisa:cool:

Guest mOZzy

welcome leanne and family!!

how is life treating you? how did the move go? how easy was it for you to decide where to live? how easy was it to buy a house? did you like golden grove? (that's where we are thinking of starting of ..)

;) that's what you got yourself into by joining in!

i guess we still uk located are just nosey and want to get all the info first hand (if you don't mind of course :D)

talk to you soon

Susi

Guest Aussiebound

Hi and Welcome to PIA

Need to ask all the same questions as Susi and Ashley just have - hahahaha

Also, whereabouts in the North do you live,

we are looking at going North as thats where most of the work for Neil will be.

Hope you still pleased you joined the forum with all of us still over heree asking so many questions!

from Sarah

Guest Aussiebound
oi sarah!

are you stalking me :eek:;)

Naah - great minds and all that - we just need to know the same things!:D

Must be online together and I'm following you around the forum!:o

hahahaha

Just registerd and wanted to say hi to you all.

Have a great weekend folks,

Leanne xx

Hi and welcome to PIA. Glad to hear you have settled well. We have already put a deposit on a house in the north near Andrews Farm on the Lakeside Estate. At least when we do get there we have a base already.

Where abouts in the North are you? Be good to find out more from you what it is like etc.

Regards

Guest Aussiebound

OUr friends in Adelaide live not far from Andrews Farm, in Hillbank. They say its a very nice area of the outer city. Looks like we'll be heading that way as all Neils work in the North.

Guest mOZzy

:eek: Sarah! how come you are not online?!? your kids let you sleep that long?!? gosh, mine had me up at 6 as usual :cool: (after a very rare .. rather long .. night :confused:)

ianb a deposit already?! - i see you've just sent off your tra! do you expect your visa to come through soon?! will they hold the house for so long?!? - sorry, but i need to know all these things :)

Guest TheDeansDownUnder

:) just wanted to say thanks for all the replies i have had!

To start off with, we have bought our house in Craigmore and we absolutely love it. I do know Hillbank and Andrews Farm so if anyone wants to ask me any questions regarding these places then just shout!:D

I have only just found this website as someone recommended it to me, before hand we used another adelaide forum where we gained lots of advice of which hopefully i can pass on now i am here in not so warm adelaide:(

Take care guys, Leanne xxx

Guest jen&ian

Hi Deans,

What they all said:confused:;). But also I noticed our kids are similar ages to yours, how did you find the travelling with them? Any top tips?

Jen:)

Guest lastboyscout

Welcome to PIA, hope you can answer some of my questions as we are moving to the N/East of Adelaide near Modbury , Para Hills etc. and there seems to be a reluctance for anyone to give me info on those areas :confused: Are they that bad?:eek:

Guest Django

Hi Dean clan,

Welcome to the PIA club.;) I'd like to echo Jen's question as we have a young family and we are really not looking forward to trying to entertaining them for the flights duration. :(

Pete

Guest TheDeansDownUnder

Hey there again,

Don't worry about the flight, i am a terrible flyer and was really dreading it before i came but to be honest it isn't as bad as you expect. My OH came out here 4 weeks earlier than us just so he could get sorted with a job and find us a car etc, which left me to do the flight on my own! There is that much for the kids to do that they dont really need that much entertaining and the air hostesses are fantastic with them. We had a 17 hour stop over in singapore where we had booked into the transit lounge. We went straight to bed and had about 10 hours sleep, woke up, showered and bathed the kids, had a walk around the airport, had a meal, went on the sunflower roof top garden did a bit of shopping then it was time to board the next flight. It really did go quite quick.The kids all had another sleep on that flight which meant when we landed at 9am into Adelaide that we were all fine and not desperate to get into bed. We all started to get cranky around teatime, but we all managed to fight it and went to bed about 8pm, the next morning we were all great and didn't have any jetlag.

As for the northern suburbs, we started off in the OAA in Golden Grove which is next door to Modbury, fantastic facilities etc there is the Village in GG and tea tree plaza in Modbury. It is nice in them areas but we found by moving slightly more northern, that we got a lot more for our money.

We found like you, that nobody would give us any advice on these areas simply as they are in the North. I will probably get slated now but there is definately a north south divide. We have been to Happy valley and Hallett Cove in the South and they too are beautiful, but they are just too far for us as all the work for my hubby is up this way.

Where we are we have Munno Para for shopping which has got everything you could need in it. We love it here and i can highly recommend it.

Better go and put the washing out now,

Leanne xxx

Guest dglamoore
I will probably get slated now but there is definately a north south divide. We have been to Happy valley and Hallett Cove in the South and they too are beautiful, but they are just too far for us as all the work for my hubby is up this way.

Leanne xxx

No slating for opinions on here Leanne - think you are getting confused with the 'custard court' ;)

Lisa:cool:

Guest mOZzy

but i love custard lisa ;)

leanne thx for the impressions! i guess you have to see for yourself anyways to be able to decide in the end! - what does your OH do? because i think workwise we'd be better off in the north too - which is obviously a big decision maker!

and thx for the insight on the flights! wow! on your own with your 3 little ones! - funny enough we've discussed on OH going ahead and sorting things out - but not so sure about this one just yet!

hope you are settling in nicely :)

Guest Django
No slating for opinions on here Leanne - think you are getting confused with the 'custard court' ;)

Quite right. This is a more friendly site. You won't get any slating. Everyone has their opinion of the best place to live. Because we all have different lives and preferences we all see things in different lights. Just because living oop north suits you and living darn sarf suits someone else dosen't make either 'right'. Any one that disagrees with what I said I shall see you in the playground at break. 10_9_134.gif

Pete

Oh i do feel welcome on this site! Cheers guys xxx

HI Leanne & Family

Just thought I'd say hi, I'm new to PIA and I also have noticed how friendly people really are here.... You're not alone! We first lived in Largs North as my husband works up that way, but when we visited Hallett Cove we just fell in love with it. I have to admit I did like Golden Grove, but we just met more people living in Hallett Cove. Craig travels by car everyday back to the "North", it takes him about 35mins! Plus I love going to West Lakes, just for a coffee, basically no where is really far in comparison to the UK.

Glad you've settled in well.

Lorraine x

Guest Aussiebound

What are Hillbank and Craigmore like for a family with kids. Neils work in the north so we are starting to research northern suburbs a bit more now. Have a friend that lives in Hillbank but she is obviously going to say its nice, not going to slate her own her is she? From what she says it sounds lovely but we concerned about its proximity to Elizabeth areas - although we have never been and are just going on what others have said!