Guest Celine

Hi, I've thought it would be nice to introduce myself as I've been looking at this fantastic site for months now. My daughter Emma & son in law Mark arrived in Adelaide Saturday 24th Jan & are now living in their new build house in Mount Barker. I'm having a house built also in Mount Barker & I'm going over for 3 weeks on the 7th March. I'm doing my selections during my stay which includes chosing abosolutely everything down to the colour of tiles, paint, kitchen units even the colour of the grouting!. I'm hoping to apply for a Parents Contributory Visa when they have been there for approx 12 months & will rent out the house in the meantime.

I'm so looking forward to seeing them again, they stayed with me for 6 weeks before they left on the 29th December & they travelled around India & Singapore for nearly 4 weeks before finally arriving a week ago. Needless to say the week they left, I was in bits for a few days. Miss them terribly as we've always been very close. They have had their 2 dogs shipped over as well. They are currently in Melbourne, in quarantine & are due to join Emma & Mark next Thursday.

My other daughter Amy is studying, doing an Open University degree whilst working full time in the hope of also emmigrating to OZ & hoping to join her sister in approx 2/3 years time. This process just takes so long & I'm not the most patient of people - I just want to go now. Unfortunately like most of you, I have a house to sell as well.

If there is anything I can help with please ask & if I dont know the answer I'll be pleased to ask Emma or Mark on your behalf

Hello Celine,

Welcome to PIA, it really is the most useful site. How lovely to be coming here in March and getting your house ready. Good luck with the entire process and lucky you to be ending up here with your grown up children. Jealous? You bet I am.

Guest The Pottertons

Welcome to PIA, wow sounds like you have a lot sorted already and im sure time will fly by! You'll be basking in the sunshine before long!!!!! Yvonne x