Cost of Living in Adelaide

ischa

Hi, us again.

I have been browsing the internet all morning, gathering info on Adelaide......... can you please give us an indication regarding cost of living. Can a family of 4 live on an income of $70k per annum or do you need more ? Can you recommend any websites with more info ?

Thanks,

Lindi:wubclub:

Guest thebaddeleys

I guess it depends on where your going to live... how much rent/mortgage you'll be paying etc.

I think you could live on that (is that before or after tax?) x x x x

Guest sarahsmartiepants

there was a news report on this morning saying we in Adelaide pay the most for our un leaded and second most for an average basket of shopping in the country!

Guest Jamie&Carrie
Dont worry,like anywhere ,you will adapt.Things here are not that expensive,if you dont want them to be.All basics can be bought very reasonably.Some things are even cheaper than back home.Youll be alright,its not as daunting as you think.

I agree.

If you shop around enough you can find massive bargains.

Tips:- If you can, do all your fresh fruit and veg shopping (and kangaroo) at Central Market in the CBD.

1 kilo of banana's $2.99 for example.

300g of diced kangaroo $2.80

Especially if you can get to there an hour or so before they close.

I bought 1 kilo of cocktail potatoes $2

Bag of big mushrooms $2

(you get my drift)

Never buy toothpaste, hand cleanser and 'some' toiletries from Coles/Woolies etc...bloody expensive.

Cheap as chips or reject shop have colgate for about 3-4 dollars for a family sized tube.

The only thing you will find expensive here is things that are on the comodities(sp) market.

Milk, Bread Sugar etc.

Coles charge up to 4 dollars for wholegrain brand named breads! The basic wholegrain bread is (coles own) is £2.28 I think. Its not fantastic bread either!

Guest redfoxy

Hi Just to give you some idea of bills:

Rent $ 325 water & rates inc

last 1/4 gas $ 120

last 1/3 elec $ 251

phone and net $ 70

Fox tel $ 56

Yes food is more expensive and you have to shop around.

Does anyone know where the new ALDI is going to be ??