Hi from the Allens

Guest Milliesdad

Guest Milliesdad

Hi all,

We are Jason(39), Janet (35), Millie (5) and Lola (2). We've been lurking on this and other forums for a while now and thought it about time to introduce ourselves.

I will be applying, hopefully, under the 475 visa but at the moment am still waiting for the ACS assessment to come back. This has been a little stressful as I was going for computing professional (nec) but this has been taken off the sponsorship list. However IT manager has been added. I was recently asked for more documents from the ACS for a Statutory Declaration as the company I worked for, for 12 years, was bought and sold 7 times and they said that it wasn't clear in the info I gave them. It's been 14 weeks since lodging the Application/RPL...

I was an IT support manager in my last compnay but am now an ITIL/ISO20000 consultant and it has proved quite difficult to know where I fit in the ASCO codes.

I've taken the IELTS and got an average of 8.5, butthen found out that I needn't of as even with that I only get to 115 points as Janet only works 16 hours per week, thus negating us from using her job for the 5 extra points. Never mind....

We originally wanted to go to Melbourne when we first started out on this route, but after finding out that SA would be the only potential sponsor we have researched Adelaide and I have to say it sounds very nice. Also reading the majority of posts from people who love it there on this forum is encouraging.

Anyway enough about me, I look forward to conversing with you all in the future, I'm sure I'll have lots of questions.

First question, has anyone else here got ITIL qualifications and do you know the employment prospects in that area? I've been looking at the usual agencies like Seek, but just wanted to get a feel from someone who is already there.

Fingers crossed for a positive skills assessment.

All the Best

Jason

Guest BAZnDAF

Welcome to PIA.

Can't help on your questions either, but I have been trying to find work over there for a while now, but seems most want you to be in the country before talking to you!

Good luck with the ACS and visa.

Barry

Welcome to PIA Jason. IT is never going to be my field so can't help there. However, as for Adelaide we love it here. You, like us, have a young family and our lifestyle as a family is sooooooo much better than we had back in the UK. We have done more as a family here since September, than we were able to do in the past 5 years in the UK.

Good luck with everything

Pete

Guest The Pottertons

Hi guys, Good luck with the assessment- its such a relief when this part is over! Adelaide really is beautiful and an amazing opportunity for our kids! We just cant wait to be there! Have no clue about IT im afraid but im sure it wll all work out for you. The element of this whole journey is determination i think!! Good Luck, Yvonne x