Bad Start - Accommodation wanted

Guest Scott & Sarah

Guest Scott & Sarah

Hi Everyone

We have just arrived in Adelaide yesterday and not had the best of starts, left Glasgow at 3pm on Friday afternoon and arrived in Adelaide Monday at 12noon! What a trip and to top it all our luggage still hasn't arrived.

We had arranged On Arrival Accommodation though when we went to look at it this morning the neighbour on one side's window was smashed at the front and also the other neighbour's back window was smashed, so it wasn't looking very promising, once inside it was just as bad as the outside so needless to say we have not accepted the accommodation, so now we are homeless if anyone can help with any information or advice we would be very grateful.

Thanks, Sarah

:arghh:

Guest guest569

We booked some friends into port Noaralunga motel when they migrated over. As they were staying a min of 4 weeks they did them a special deal.Normally $90 a night they did it for around $300 a week. Its only like a travel lodge but its furnished , clean and includes all your bills.

Hope this helps.

http://www.portnoarlungamotel.com.au/

Guest njacinthebox

You could try this number 85574396 (Jeneane & Max) they have fully furnished holiday units, spotlessly clean and everything you could need, really helpful lovely people, based in Aldinga.

Hope this is of some use.

Jacqui

Hi Scott and Sarah,

Sorry to hear your OAA wasn't up to scratch........if you are still stuck, take a look at www.adelaidebound.com its a webpage full of useful info about Adelaide and lots of different kinds of accommodation for every budget.

Best of luck and don't let this bad start put a dampener on Adelaide, its a lovely place to be and you'll grow to love it here. ;)

Judi x

DONT GO TO MIDWAY APARTMENTS...i stayed they in april 06 with wife and 2yr old child and i was going to stab the fella that owned it...let me explain the web pics look very nice which is bull**** the room i stayed in smelt like someone had died in there, the bed was meant to be a queen which was a double bed with a plastic ****ing garden chair in room, i asked for a twin room and got a sofa bed and under that there was an inch of hair/dust they said they had just cleaned the apartment, the picture frames had so much dust on them i wiped a line though it...the bed sheets wasnt changed and we found pubic hair's in bed and make-up on pillows....all the cutley had food on them, the toilet had a crack on front and leaked allover floor. when next door went to toilet and flushed it sounded like they was using ours...i could go on ,so in other words dont go there!!!!:realmad:

Guest ReadyPenny

So sorry to hear that guys, what an awful predicament to be in. As Judi said, dont let it tarnish your view of Adelaide, you will no doubt laugh about it all in a week or two. Hope you find something more suitable quickly and keep your chins up! Thinking of you.

Mandy

Guest redfoxy
Hi Everyone

We have just arrived in Adelaide yesterday and not had the best of starts, left Glasgow at 3pm on Friday afternoon and arrived in Adelaide Monday at 12noon! What a trip and to top it all our luggage still hasn't arrived.

We had arranged On Arrival Accommodation though when we went to look at it this morning the neighbour on one side's window was smashed at the front and also the other neighbour's back window was smashed, so it wasn't looking very promising, once inside it was just as bad as the outside so needless to say we have not accepted the accommodation, so now we are homeless if anyone can help with any information or advice we would be very grateful.

Thanks, Sarah

:arghh:

You poor things..dont let it put you off !! also the weather is really odd at the moment, we are promised wamr sun by weekend dont worry !!

Lots of good suggestions already on hear about where to stay..hope you get fixed up.

good wishes xx