Hi were are newbies

Guest nicky, alan and charlotte

Hi just found this forum, we are hoping to move to Adelaide early next year. That is myself Nicky, hubby Alan and 16 year old daughter Charlotte.

We passed TRA last month and our 136MODL visa application has just been submitted. We have never been to Adelaide and would be grateful for any information any of you can give us regarding Adelaide.

It would be great to chat to folks who are going through the same rollercoaster as we are. One miniute we are really looking forward to it and the next wondering if we are doing the right thing, I am sure that we are not alone.

Anyway must go and get on with some work

Bye for now

Nicky

Guest Django

Hi Nicky,

9.gif to PIA.

We are planning to go next year and haven't been there yet either. We are positive though that its deffo the right move for us. ;)

Pete

Guest lastboyscout

Hi Nicky,

Welcome to PIA :D

You are not alone about your feelings, we are the same , but we know it is right for us ;)

We are hoping to be there early next year too, good luck with everything :)

Guest stephb

hey nicky,

i think it is totally normal to have doubts- it is a big move! but that is not to say it has to be permanent, and always remember you started down this path for a reason, and that reason(s) probably still exists, it is just eay to forget at times when you think of the scarier aspects! someone on here (im sorry to say i forget who) has a website you might want to look at, looks pretty helpful- its www.adelaidebound.com

best of luck with it all!

steph

Guest Russfamily

i know what you r going through, if u r like me then u will have doubts all the way and even question your reasons when u arrive in Adelaide, i remember when on the plane over there everyone was asleep apart from me i think i must of had to long to think about it and had a minor panic attack. but everthing pans out in the end, dont get me wrong there r ups and downs. It dosnt help with parents wanting u 2 come home either but stick with it or u will be like us, went out in 96 came home 2001 now going back out in october the grass is with out a doubt greener on the other side, well it would b if it rained a bit more

ps u will regret it later in life if u dont go now u have started the process

Guest ali@51

Hi Nicky

We can relate to how you are feeling weve never been to Australia let alone adelaide:confused:

My feelings about the move seem to change from day to day but when we are being

analitical about it the pros seem to out way the cons I think even if you had been you

couldent be sure weather you would like it or not. I know a couple from school who had

been 2/3 times loved it really gungho the best thing they were ever going to do. Now they

are their(11m) they dont like it and want to come home. We figure whatever happens we

will stay for 2 years and reasses at the end. And even if it dosent work out what an

experience:cool:. Whats the fraze It is better to have tried and failed than never to have

tryed at all. You/we will probably love it and at least we wont have any regrets.

Good luck with the visa

Guest mOZzy

hi nicki and family!

yep, i agree with the others - best to give it a try and find out yourselves!

i am rather confident that we will like it - although we haven't been to australia once! -

but then again: there is always a place somewhere else if you really don't like it!

and just like you i do get the wobbles

but then i think of the things i'd like to change and hopefull oz (adelaide) can do this for us

go for it :)

Susi

Guest dglamoore

HI and welcome to PIA :)

Yes, adelaidebound.com is my website I put togther when doing our sponsorship last year so hopefully will be of some use to you :)

We have been here 2 months now and had never been to Australia before making the big move and have no family here. So far we have no doubts at all that we have done the right thing. Life is good and we have a great circle of friends here ;)

Lisa:cool:

Guest happy-jools

Hi Nicky and the gang.

Your not alone in your future plans. We havnt been to Adelaide or any other part of Australia (other than in my dreams). And to be honest every now and then I start and think what the hell am I doing.

But were going for it big style, and whatever the outcome, if we stay there great, if we dont then what a flippin great experience.

Welcome to the gang.:D

Hi thanks for all your replies, and glad that we are not the only mad ones on here. My hubby keeps telling me that life is too short and if it doesn' t work out then at least we will have tried.

We put our house on the market when we passed our TRA and we have just heard from our estate agent and the people that viewed it last night are going to put in a offer tomorrow.

So not only are we mad but may be homeless as well, think that if we sell the house it will all seem more real at the moment i feel that i am dreaming and even though this has been our dream for ages.

Anyway will keep you posted.

By the way have any of you got any jobs to go to when you arrive?

Guest The Bowmans

H Nicky and Family

Welcome to PIA and the whole process. Everyone is right, it is an emotional rollercoaster and each day brings new doubts and challenges. John and I are lucky, we spent 3 months travelling round Oz 5 years ago and then went back for 3 weeks last year. For us it was love at first sight - we are going back to Friday for a reccie as we only spent 2 weeks in Adelaide in 2002. Even so, having spent 4+ months in Oz, we still have doubts - it's natural when moving to the other side of the world.

But, as everyone says you can only regret things you didn't do........

Good luck with everything, fingers crossed on the house offer for you.

Deena :)

Hi

We sold the house yesterday, got a little below the asking price, but its sold, only thing is the buyers want to move, in about 6 weeks!!