Anyone else due to arrive in July?

Guest Teresa01

Guest Teresa01

Hi,

I regularly check out the news in Oz from visiting this site (or the word on the street as by husband calls it) but I have only ever posted a few times. But as are moving date is getting closer, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself and my family and to see if anyone else is making the big move, over the English summer time?

My name is Teresa, my husband is Andy and then we have are kids, Jenna (11) and Jack (9), Andy and I are due to resign from work within the next few weeks and even though we are sure we want to come, it is a very scary prospect in the current climate (are we mad)!!

I look forward to getting to know some of you over the next few months.

Teresa:o

Hello Teresa. Andy and kids and welcome to PIA. Yes, it is a scary prospect, but exciting too. Your kids will love it over here and so will you. Do you have jobs to come to? What line of business are you in?

Good luck with everything - it will be a rollercoaster but mainly it is worth it. You know if you need help, you only need to ask.

Guest Carl Hallam

Hi we are also moving aug 18 we fly, initialy we are living in gawler but not sure where we will end up , possibly south Adelaide somewhere although open mind as to exactly for the kids schools. allana will be 12 and olivia will be 10 Adelaide( my other half ) is an Aus, citizen so i am coming on a spouse visa but i am an electrician on the isle of wight at pres, so hope to do all the courses there to do same , what visa are you on? and what do u all do? and where are u hoping to be?who knows may be able to meet up and discuss there or here. think we are moving at best time as jobs arethe same world wide but slightly better there with the sun as well, and we can aclimatise overthere winter befor next summer hits hope we have air con.

Guest Teresa01

Re: Anyone Else Arriving in July

Thanks Cazzie and Vicky for your warm welcome and words of encouragement. Cazzie I have been following your thread with interest regarding migration issues thanks for taking the time and effort to raise some really valid points.

Nice to hear from you Carl, we would like to stay in contact with you guys, pm if you like and we can compare experiences regarding the big move!

It would be good to hear from anyone else that's arriving over the so called English summer time!

All the best

Teresa :)

Guest Farrows
Hi,

I regularly check out the news in Oz from visiting this site (or the word on the street as by husband calls it) but I have only ever posted a few times. But as are moving date is getting closer, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself and my family and to see if anyone else is making the big move, over the English summer time?

My name is Teresa, my husband is Andy and then we have are kids, Jenna (11) and Jack (9), Andy and I are due to resign from work within the next few weeks and even though we are sure we want to come, it is a very scary prospect in the current climate (are we mad)!!

Hi Teresa

We fly out on 9th Sept and I am very excited and scared at the same time!! We are a family of 4 me Becki and Simon (husband)and 2 young boys alfie 7 and Charlie 4.

Where are you heading for? I think there will be many more wobbles I am having them daily and we still have 7 months to go but I think a positive apprpoach is the best thing in the world!!

Good Luck

Becki:jiggy:

Hi Teresa,

We've just recently got our visa and are planning on moving out mid-end May (flights not booked yet). We have two girls aged 11 and 10. Hoping to start off around Flagstaff Hill/Aberfoyle Park/Hallet Cove, but guess that may change when we get there. We're all really excited about it, but scared too - it's a big move - but we're sure gonna give it a go.

Maybe see you there.

Wendy

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal
Hi,

Hi We are arriving in Adelaide on June 13th, we're also from the Westcountry Devon. We,ve just handed our notices in, got quotes from shipping companys.Getting very excited but very scared, What area you heading too? hopefully going to rent near Blackwood area in Adelaide Hills. If possible we could meet up soon we've also got 11 year old daughter and two boys.

Good luck

Nick 38

Sarah 37

Harry 13

Mariah 11

Shea 5:chatterbox::wacko:

Guest ReadyPenny
Hi We are arriving in Adelaide on June 13th, we're also from the Westcountry Devon. We,ve just handed our notices in, got quotes from shipping companys.Getting very excited but very scared, What area you heading too? hopefully going to rent near Blackwood area in Adelaide Hills. If possible we could meet up soon we've also got 11 year old daughter and two boys.

Good luck

Nick 38

Sarah 37

Harry 13

Mariah 11

Shea 5:chatterbox::wacko:

Hi Guys

We are arriving on 03.03.09 and also have an 11 year old daughter. We will be living in Blackwood too! Give us a shout when you arrive and keep in touch and perhaps we and the girls can get together!

Mandy

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal
Hi Guys

We are arriving on 03.03.09 and also have an 11 year old daughter. We will be living in Blackwood too! Give us a shout when you arrive and keep in touch and perhaps we and the girls can get together!

Mandy

That would be fantastic any ideas what schools your looking at??:swoon:

Guest Teresa01

Its nice hearing from you guys, there is quite a few of us! If any of you would like to have a chat before we leave, please feel free to pm me and maybe we could arrange a get together when we all get there?

I feel like my head is spinning at the moment :wacko: with removal quotes, schools and where to live!! but it is very exciting and it would be nice to share some laughs about it all along the way!!

P.S Can anyone explain how I post my list of events and dates at the bottom of my messages.

Thanx

Teresa

Guest ReadyPenny

Teresa

All you do to add your signature is go to "my tools" at the top of the page and select "edit signature" from the left hand side and bobs your uncle!!! Write what you want and save it and it will automatically appear on every post and you can edit it along the way once you have a CO etc

Mandy

Guest Mrs Dizzy Rascal
Hi again guys

Yes Amber is going to Blackwood primary, it has a very good reputation and does music, singing and performing arts! Which school are you looking at?

Hi yes we looked at Blackwood school when we went for our reccie last year and was very impressed, so hopefully we can get children into the school, we loved all the sport facilities plus the high school was very good ,at the moment there was only room for my youngest son, my daughter goes into yr7 theres currently no spaces we're hoping things will change when we arrive in June.

Speak to you soon

Sarahxx:notworthy:

Guest adenick

Hi Guys

We just arrived in Adelaide on Tuesday! We were originally from Yate near Bristol, so not that far away from you. We visited Perth for 2 weeks with relatives which was testing to say the least. We now have freedom as we got a rental car today. Went into Adelaide CBD on the tram yesterday along Rundle Mall and the adjoining streets. If you like a bi of retail therapy then its a good place to go. So far although we have only seen a little bit of Adelaide we prefer it to Perth. Our relatives were trying to pursuade us to stay in Perth but hopefully providing we can find jobs we will stay here somewhere. We have a house rental in Glenelg for 3 weeks, but too pricey to stay any longer! We have a teenage girl aged 14 (who some days barely speaks) and a (very talkative) 5 year old!

We don't regret leaving the UK but have had to leave our 21 yr old son and his girlfriend as well as their daughter who is only 15 months old! Give us a shout if you want as we are newbies for a while and can let you know any pitfalls we experience to be aware of.

Nicky Tanner(42) Family Support Worker

Ade Tanner(42) Carpenter/ Building Foreman

Casey(14)

Jacob(5)

Guest Teresa01

Hi Nicky,

It is such a small world, I am writing this message to you sat at my desk, at work in Yate!!! So I had better not chat for too long as my boss is about, but I would like to stay in touch!

All the best

Teresa;)

Guest The Pickles

All going well with medicals, we're hoping on arriving in July too... I hope we're not being too optimistic! We're hoping to rent in the hills and will need to find a good nursery school for our little boy who will just be 4 years old.

We look forward to meeting some of you!

Marilyn, Glenn & Louis (who can't wait to leave London)

Hi there

I think we will be heading over if possible August/September time as we just waiting on medicals (and hubby's overseas police clearance). Want to try and sell house (although looking at renting it now until market picks up again) and save a few more pennies and then hopefully we will be over.

I live for the day when I hand in my notice - even practising my resignation spech :cute:

Lisa

• 2 months later...

Hi Lana,

D-day is fast approaching - 20th May in our case. I still feel like i have so much to do between now and then. Removals arriving Monday morning (parents arriving tomorrow!! - Much as I love them and will miss them I could really do without it).

We were lucky and have managed to get OAA. We start out our Adelaide adventure in Christies Beach for a max of 12 weeks and will have a look around to see where we might like to settle. Bedford Park/Flagstaff Hill/Aberfoyle Park are still up there on my list of first places to look, but I guess where we end up will depend on where we get jobs.

Looking forward to the long flight - it'll give me time to catch up on the sleep I've been missing out on lately (not all work - sometimes it was nights out too).

Once we arrive I'll try to get to an internet cafe to give you an update on how things are going and to give your our first thoughts/experiences etc.

Best of luck to all of you moving shortly (and those just arrived). Be seeing you all soon.

Wendy

Hi Wendy.

We sold our house a few weeks ago and have been living with my mother-in-law since then!!! We have applied for OAA services too. Did they contact you 3 weeks prior to your departure as it states? Can't wait to find out if we have accommodation/where. Christies beach sounds like a good place to start though. Good luck with it all.

Lana

Guest back clan

We are flying out on Sept 1st and I am starting to get really anxious about it.

had some strange dreams the last couple of nights. yhinks its because our house is due to complete over the next couple of wks.

Good luck everyone