yet another newbie!

Guest carters

Guest carters

Hi,

We are myself Nikki, Dave, Joshua:( (17), Ethan:confused:(13) & littlle :pLILLIBETH (2),we have passed our TRA and are awaiting Sponsership, hope to be out in Adelaide early next year.

Family are not at all supportive so thought I would join you guys for some much needed encouragement, and confirmation that we are doing the right thing for our children. People seem to love to tell you when so and so has come back from auss and they have hated it there or couldnt earn enough etc!

well enough of my waffle, hello everybody!

The Carters

Guest dglamoore

Hi The Carters and welcome to PIA :)

You will hear a lot of negative comments in the coming months - usually from those that wish they could do it or had done it when they were younger :o

Congrats on the TRA and good luck on the sponsorship - any questions just shout :) you will get plenty of answers and support on here. We found forums a godsend this time last year as everyone is after and going through the same thing

Lisa:cool:

Guest lastboyscout

Welcome to PIA, you`ll love it here :D

I have the complete opposite to your predicament TBH, our families are very supportive, it makes me wonder if they want to get rid of us :rolleyes:

Anyway, if you need answers to anything just ask , we are a friendly bunch :cool:

Guest mOZzy

hello 'the carters' and welcome !

congrats on your tra - we've only just sent ours yesterday (fingers crossed)

i know what you are going through; we've told my family a few days ago and lots of tears since ... although my big bro asked for a place to stay already ;)

good luck!

Guest Django

7.gif Carter gang,

You have come to the right place.;) We are quite fortunate on the family front. As for whether we are all doing the right thing? I reckon so. Your children should thank you long term. I believe they will have a brighter future down under than if they stayed here. Good luck on your journey to the visa.

Pete

Guest nicky, alan and charlotte

Hi The Carters and welcome, we are also new the site and like you have had and are having trouble with the family. Hubbys family are ok, its mine that are the problem, putting pressure on my daughter by saying thinks like she might not see Grandad again if she goes to Oz, and that i am leaving her when she needs me. It is very difficult and the only advice I can give is to be focused on what you want, even though some days I do wonder what the hell we are doing, giving up good jobs, nice home and good mates, but then living in Oz has always been our dream so we are taking the gamble and just hope it pays off.

Take Care

Nicky

Guest carters

Many thanks for your replies, I am sure I will have lots of daft :confused:questions in the future, as we progess, good luck Mozzy with the TRA.

NIKKI & GANG

Guest tiger fan

hi newbie!!!! i'm an old hand having joined yesterday!lol. people are really welcoming on this sight and everyone is either going through the same or has been there! we're lucky. we've actually activated our visas but cant go permanently for a couple of months. there are just the three of us going, me(julie 45) OH(stewart46) and our youngest son kyle 18. it will be difficult but as i've said in one of the other forums, better to regret what you've done than what you havent!!!!the whole process seems to take forever and then suddenly its all done and moving seems to be a rush.one of our main incentives for going was to give our son a brighter future and we hope that the other two kids will follow us out.together with other halves and kidlets etc.if you have any photos of oz put them where you can see them and every time it feels like youre getting nowhere or you hit a hurdle look at them and youll remind yourself why youre doing it.;)

Guest Django
I am sure I will have lots of daft :confused:questions

As I always say the only daft question is the one you don't ask. ;) Ask away there is always someone with the right answer and me with the wrong one. :confused:

Pete

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Nikki and family,

Welcome to PIA. It's been a great source of support and advicce to us and eveyone else on here. I told my parents a few weeks ago and they weren't too pleased - Dad was ok but Mum was not happy - and they moved to Spain 3 years ago as they coldn't stand England any more! No logic!

Ask anything you want, as Pete said no such ting as a stupid question.

Congrats with the TRA and good luck w:)ith the spnsorship.

Deena

Guest theshearers

Hi Nikki & gang

Welcome to the site. We are a friendly bunch here and there is always someone who will be able to point you in the right direction with any questions you have.

I think there are many people in the same boat regarding family, but you can always have good old rant about them on here and they won't ever know!!!!!!!

Good luck with the State Sponsorship and the rest of the visa process.

Vicki x