An Oldie but newbie!!

Guest Weez

Hi Guy's all i can say is OOOOhhh noooooooooo !!!! i can't believe i have joined another site!!! My husband will hate me , my children wont see me and the house work will never get done ( no change there then!!)

I am an Oz addict , i am a nosey cow that wants to know everything i can about this oz business, i ask stupid questions and will probably give advice about things i know nothing about.... so be warned:eek: but hey it feels great to be in this situation !!

so hi every one

weez:D

Hey mOZzy! any TV tips for this week??

Hi Guy's Have just added my signature so you see that we have our visa, skilled PR, we applied in Jan and got it in may, took just over 4 months!!

yes i admit to be a custard freakazoid !!!:eek:

Weez

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

Welcome to the site. You are hoping to be in Adelaide just after us, we are aiming for September 08. Have just applied for skilled PR also. When will you be going to Oz to get visa validated?

Sarah

Guest dglamoore

Hi Weez and welcome to PIA ;)

Am guessing you will be over for a reccie/holiday before that then if you have not already been here :P

Lisa:cool:

Guest happy-jools

Hi Weez, pleased you made to jump across from custard land.

PIA is a great site too.

Welcome to the site, and like the others have said why the delay in going to Auz.

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Weez

Welcome to PIA. You're riight it does become addictive, expcially when the choice is ironing or forum!

Good luck with everything and yep, I'm curious too about the long wait before leaving.......

Deena :)

Cor your a nosey bunch aren't you !!!;)

the reason for the long wait is money!!!! we have no house to sell, we are council renters which is fantastic for saving money but you do find yourself living next to scummy people who sponge of everyone else ( I'd better stop there before i really get going!!) we have been living to are means for the past 10 years and now we wish we had been saving , so we are working like mad !!! it's amazing what you can save when you try!!

we are going to validate over xmas , expensive time to fly i know but we are both self-employed so in the long run it works out cheaper to go at a time when we won't be earning anyway. my uncle Geoff married an oz and moved out there about 20 years ago so we will be staying with him, i have a 11 year old cousin Jessica that i have to get to know so that will be really exciting for me and my boys .

Sarah i see you work with special needs , is it something you would like to carry on with when you are over there? i work on the son-rise program with autistic kids and would love to carry it on when i come over.

well i hope that keeps you all going!!

Guest theshearers

Hi Weez

Welcome to the site. Thought I recognised your name from the big yellow screen. This one is just as adictive so prepare to spend even more time infront of your pc!!

Enjoy your validation trip, and make sure you tell us all about it!! See, we are just as nosey as you!!

Vicki x

Guest Aussiebound

Sarah i see you work with special needs , is it something you would like to carry on with when you are over there? i work on the son-rise program with autistic kids and would love to carry it on when i come over.

Hi

Definitely want to carry on with Special Needs TA work, I am so happy in my work, it is so rewarding to see the children thrive and learn. :D:D

Doesn't seem to be the demand for teaching assistants in Oz as here but I am confident something will turn up. Got to be positive!!!:rolleyes:

I would love to carry on over there as well , i have been on a couple of autism group help sites in Adelaide and son-rise isn't mentioned so i might have to arm myself with info packs and introduce some people to it , it is a fantastic program with amazing results for all children not just special needs... so watch out Oz here i come !!!