hello! and Help!!

Guest Rubytuesday

Guest Rubytuesday

hello, wondered if anyone could help?? We have just found out that my husbands company won't be sponsoring us to move to Adelaide, so we are gutted. But we are adamant to move over there,with or withoit them so I am going to have to start the process ourselves but have no idea were to start??? I know my husnbands code and that it is vetasses.....I have looked and most of you guys advise to give it a go rather than spend money on agents...so here I am . Where do I go first?? I promise drinks all round when we get there :D

hello, wondered if anyone could help?? We have just found out that my husbands company won't be sponsoring us to move to Adelaide, so we are gutted. But we are adamant to move over there,with or withoit them so I am going to have to start the process ourselves but have no idea were to start??? I know my husnbands code and that it is vetasses.....I have looked and most of you guys advise to give it a go rather than spend money on agents...so here I am . Where do I go first?? I promise drinks all round when we get there :D

my advise is to have a good look on www.britishexpats.com. There a hundreds of people on there who have done their own visa application, im sure there are lots on there but its a huge site and you will get very quick responses. What trade is your husband in? Obviously look at vetassess and see what they require. anthing you require for skills assessment id get copies for the visa, in fact id get 4 copies of everything you never know when you will need em. Good luck x

Hello and Welcome to PIA.

I would only advise to 'go it alone' if the skill assesment is a straight forward one. You'll be surprised what the assessing body asks for. What trade is your husband in? The visa application is a doddle but proving your skill generally is the hard bit.

Good luck

Pete

I would only advise to 'go it alone' if the skill assesment is a straight forward one. You'll be surprised what the assessing body asks for. What trade is your husband in? The visa application is a doddle but proving your skill generally is the hard bit.

Good luck

Pete

totally agree nursing one was pretty easy i did mine myself but i know when my brother was going to do his he even had to take pictures of all his tools and explain what each one was for!!:shocked:

Thank you, Thank you, Matt is Project Manager in Construction. have just spoken to an agent and wow! expensive! or what? BUt do they make things happen any quicker?

can i be nosey and ask which one? Quicker in the sense they will give /should give you advice re everything you will need but you can find this out for yourself. I guess it offers the reassurance that youve got everything right.

We did our own application - couldn't afford an agent! It wasn't straightforward, but none of it is. We had skills assessment done via the TRA and got state sponsorship. Then in that time we'd lost points because my husband had got older (lol) and so we had to pass IELTS too. But wahoo - we are 3 weeks away from leaving the UK and all the hassle, stress and paperwork has so been worth it!

I'm sure you'll be able to do it! Jo xxx

Guest Rubytuesday

Concept Australia, i called the Manchester office. £1750 for fees £500 police and medicals.......I stopped writing after that ;o) !

Where do I log the skill assesment? (I am blonde by the way) with vetasses? Or a Gov website?

Guest Rubytuesday

JO,

My Husband will turn 40 in May!! It looks like your visa has taken a while then?? We are gutted we thought we would be there for May (matt's 40th birthday, Good luck for the journey x

Guest Rubytuesday

Good luck

Pete

He is a Project Manager in the Construction Industry, I'm a Dog groomer, couldn't find my skill on the list (funny that?)

Can you advise where I log the skill asesment and paperwork etc?? Thanks:notworthy:

JO,

My Husband will turn 40 in May!! It looks like your visa has taken a while then?? We are gutted we thought we would be there for May (matt's 40th birthday, Good luck for the journey x

That's pretty unrealistic - sorry to put a downer on it! It depends which visa you go for as the processing times are different for all of them. Ours was a 475 and we were lucky to get it in 6 months. Many wait over a year. My Mum is a nurse and went on a 457 which is one of the quickest - hers took about 8 weeks, but she had months of gathering all the paperwork first.

We did everything as quick as we could - its waiting on everyone else thats the problem. The evidence required for visas is extensive and time consuming. If your husband turns 40 in May then you should make sure you will still have enough points for your visa application after that. Even if you sent off for the skills assesment today, you'd be waiting a while for that, then if you need sponsorship you have to wait a month or so for that and then you need to apply for the visa. Then you need medicals and police checks and meds take 6-8 weeks to be processed sometimes. You'll already be in May by then! Then you have to sort out things here - houses, flights, shipping etc - takes a lot longer than you think. We have given ourselves about 11 weeks from visa grant to leaving and it has been manic. There is so much to sort out.

You need to be prepared for this to take FAR longer than you think. At the start we thought we'd be there by this time last year! How wrong were we? lol