the cost

Guest coral

hi again ;) can anyone give me an idea on how much it could cost to move everything over to adelaide from the uk :jiggy:am just waiting for things to get going please help thanks:)

well that would depend how much stuff your bringing and therefore how much cubic feet it equates to. We brought a fair bit of stuff 2/3 of a container (20ft) and that cost 2500 with insurance but that was almost 12 months ago (our stuff was stored for a month or two before shipping).

Best thing to do is ring a few companies and get them to come and quote you, its difficult to say, you might have enough to fill a 40ft container. We used john msons and i would most definetalty recommend them going on my own experience.

Guest azp74

We have just got a quote from Pickfords which is just over £2K for about half a 20ft container.

We've been really impressed with Pickfords so far (not that they've done much yet except answer lots of questions & provide the quote!!) so I'd be interested if anyone has any opinions on them ...

Guest Alipally

We used Britannia and it was, I think £2400 for a FULL 20' container to Adelaide. We had to pay insurance and customs on top of that though.

for top insurance I think it was 3% of the value of good shipped and the customs was around $400 which I really resented paying, I can tell you!

Ali x

Guest azp74

Thanks - I might look in to this as they have an office in Guiseley so might be able to do a quote quickly. I see they've been around since 1871 too so they must be doing something right!

Guest Kraig1967
We have just got a quote from Pickfords which is just over £2K for about half a 20ft container.

We've been really impressed with Pickfords so far (not that they've done much yet except answer lots of questions & provide the quote!!) so I'd be interested if anyone has any opinions on them ...

Hi, we used Pickfords, they have been fantastic, we got the original quote of around £2000 for half a 20' container, we decided that we would sell most of our furniture as it may not suit the decor etc etc etc and didn't want to pay storage charges, so we got our belongings shipped for £900 for a shared container, approx 154 cu ft, which is door to door, pack and unpack.

One or two things to note is the distance they will travel from the dock for free, Pickfords, I think is 30km, before they start charging any more, also they entry access has to be easy, no further than 25m from vehicle to door, any stairs etc etc etc, all will be charged extra for.

We were originally told the delivery would be 12-14 weeks but have since been told it will be about 4 weeks early, which is a nice surprise, and Pickfords also handle at this end.

All the best n good luck