Been here 5 weeks now!

Guest Humphreys

Guest Humphreys

Hi We have been here 5 weeks now, OH and I. I am working full time, OH looking for work - living in Semaphore Park. So far so good! Anyone fancy meeting up?

Guest lovettjo

hello

we are about to fly out to Adelaide and arrive 29th May - trying to find a nice rental place around the glenelg area - wanted to ask you guys how is the work over there - my husband is a floor finisher and I'm a secretary and just wondered how easy you found work when you arrived??

any advice would be great

Jo & Ian Lovett

Guest Humphreys
hello

we are about to fly out to Adelaide and arrive 29th May - trying to find a nice rental place around the glenelg area - wanted to ask you guys how is the work over there - my husband is a floor finisher and I'm a secretary and just wondered how easy you found work when you arrived??

any advice would be great

Jo & Ian Lovett

Hi

Glenelg is really nice you will like it there it has a nice buzz about it. I actually got a transfer with work so started straight away, but by OH took a couple of weeks to get temp work, I think the credit crunch is hitting here to, so make sure you have lots of savings!

Good luck!

Liz

Guest Humphreys
Hi there

We are a family beginning migration process to Adelaide - never been before - what do you think of it?

Nikki

Hi Nikki

I like Adelaide, it gets a bit of a beating from the rest of australia about how boring it is, but I don't think it is, theres lots to do, lots of festivals and things, and feels chilled out. It definately seems family orientated, theres lots of 'kids' things going on all the time. And of course the wine is pretty good!

Liz

Hi

We are coming up to Semaphore the weekend of March 28th and 29th as there is a Kite Festival on. We went there last year it was a good day. We are not sure which day we are going yet but we could meet you then if you like.

Paula, Adrian, Christopher and Gemma

The kite fest is good fun. We went a couple of years back:)

Hya we have just started doing nights out in the western suburbs; kraig1967 did the arranging last time and we had a nice night at Henley, im sure another night will be arranged soon. We live at taperoo. We both work nights tho, but do get some time off. What do you guys do? how old are you?

caroll (43), Si (44)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest lovettjo

Thanks Liz, we've had to postpone our move till 25th October now because my other half has lots of work and we'd be daft to let that go so hoping that the recession that Adelaide are experiencing might have cooled off a bit but would be great to keep in touch with you and if you don't mind letting me know if things change and would be fab to meet up when we arrive xxxx

Guest lovettjo

Hi Nikki

We had a recci over in adelaide last Jan and that's the main reason why we wanted to move over - due to land there in october this year, it's small in comparison to rest of other places in Oz and think that's why we liked it so much

xxx