howdy

Guest philippa wood

Guest philippa wood

hello to everyone, my name is philippa and im 28 & mum to three boys, i live in solihull with my partner sean flynn, we have just submitted part one of our skilled trade visa to come and live in adelaide, sean is a plasterer,

We hope to be there in the next 12-18 months if eveyrthing goes to plan!:o,

Ive joined this forum to hopefully make some friends and maybe get some help /advice on things such as schooling and the ten zillion other things i have to worry about!

It all seems a very daunting process, so here seemed like maybe a good place to start!

Hope to get some replies, in the meantime ill go and have a proper look round the site

cheers, philippa.

;)

Hi Phillipa,

welcome to the site, glad to see another midlander making the leap to better climate, there will be no-one left in the midlands at this rate.

There are plenty of helpfull people on this site who will guide you through this process alternatively we have had a couple of midlands meet & greets so they are also very helpful for information plus meeting really nice people, so keep and eye open for the next one.

thanks

Tina & Mark

SIR 495

TRA sent 04-12-06, app 30-01-07

sponsorship sent 07-02-07, app 05-04-07

visa received in adelaide 24-04-07

acknowledgement : 22-06-07

awaiting request to go for meds.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Phillipa

Welcome to PIA :D Good luck with the skills and visa :o

Everyone on here has been through or going through the same thing so shout out any questions we can help with :D. We have been here a couple f months now and can say it is definitely worth all the paperwork and waiting!

Lisa:cool:

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Hi

Welcome to PIA.

As Tina said come along to the next West Midlands meet up. We went to our first one on Saturday and really enjoyed it. It's nice to put a face to the names you have been seeing on here.

It's also really good to chat to people who understand what you are talking about and are as excited as you about emigrating.

I think the people I work with are getting a bit bored with my constant talk about Australia!

Good luck with your application.

Rachel:D

Guest philippa wood

for all youre welcoming messages! we would love to come to the next meet,

is it usually child friendly?

I know what you mean wbout going on and on about australia to people, im a barmaid and i keep rudely interuppting other peoples conversations whenever i hear the word oz :eek:

would be lovely to meet some like minded people!

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Only 1 person took their child as they couldn't get a babysitter. Apparently others took them to a previous meet but they were bored as there was nothing for them to do. You will have to ask everyone when we arrange the next date cos it might be Ok if there are others the same ages as yours. Mine definately won't be there as they are a lot older (20 & 16) and aren't even coming to OZ with me.

Rachel

Guest philippa wood

thats ok, we can always get a babysitter if there is plenty of notice, they're three boys aged 5,7 &9 so would probably get bored if there was nothing to do!

Guest soggy

Hello Philippa, I did not go to the midlands meet but from what ive read your children would have to be very heavy drinkers to fit in.;) Im hoping to make the next one, i think Kent is midlands.

Simon

Guest Django

Hi Philippa,

Welcome to the forum. Its a fabby place full of fabby people.

We've got an east-mids meet arranged in August. Its specifically arranged in a child friendly enviroment. Why not do that in the west-mids? I feel its just as important for them to meet their peers as it is for us.

Enjoy the boards. I'm sure you will find it useful. We have found it invaluable. :D

Pete

hello to everyone, my name is philippa and im 28 & mum to three boys, i live in solihull with my partner sean flynn, we have just submitted part one of our skilled trade visa to come and live in adelaide, sean is a plasterer,

We hope to be there in the next 12-18 months if eveyrthing goes to plan!:o,

Ive joined this forum to hopefully make some friends and maybe get some help /advice on things such as schooling and the ten zillion other things i have to worry about!

It all seems a very daunting process, so here seemed like maybe a good place to start!

Hope to get some replies, in the meantime ill go and have a proper look round the site

cheers, philippa.

;)

Wecome on to PIA, good to see some more people from the sunny south coast!

We are at a similar stage wioth our TRA sent off and now chewing nails waiting a reply!

I know that if you have any questions this is a great place to find out from this friendly bunch.

Good luck

Guest Django
Wecome on to PIA, good to see some more people from the sunny south coast!

Hope you can find your way around a golf course better than you can around the country. :rolleyes:

36_11_6.gif

I may see you on Saturday. Mind you you've alwats got Graham to point you in the right direction.;)

Pete

Guest graandjac

;)Hi philippa welcome to the friendly PIA everyone has some great tips and help except pete ignore everything he says he has a compulsive disorder lol......,welcome anyway

cheers Gra and jac

Guest The Bowmans

Hi Philippa

Welcome to PIA and the whole visa rollercoaster. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful, so whatever your question just shout.

I can't believe that the people who went to the Midlands meet indulged in serious drinking ...... and for the record Pete, I wasn't even there :P

Deena :)

Guest theshearers

Hi Phillipa

Welcome to the site. We are a friendly bunch here and no matter what your questions are, someone will probably have the answer.

There are a lot of people at similar stages of the process on here so we are all going through this long, long journey together. The meets are always helpful if you can get to them and like the others have said, its nice to put faces to names and get to know a few people before you make the big move down under.

Hope the site proves as useful to you as it has been to the rest of us!

Take care

Vicki x

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

Welcome to the site. We all have so many questions to ask, sure you'll find someone on here to answer them, or have a good try, for you.

Sarah