Time to say Hello

Guest Jo&Derek

Guest Jo&Derek

Hi everyone,

Thought it was about time to say hello and introduce oursevles after weeks of browsing the forum. We are Joanne (32 housewife), Derek (29 Electrician), Ben (5), Sienna (3) and Meg (5 mth old cocker pup).

Have found this forum to be so friendly compared to some of the other ones out there.

We were granted our visa in November 2007 but unfortunately due to my mum passing away it was not the right time to make the move to oz. Now that a bit time has passed we are desperate to get over and join you all in Adelaide only thing stopping us now is that we have to sell our house which we know could take some time :sad:.

I have found a live webcam that sweeps part of Glenelg beach and I sit watching it and daydream about being there :daydreaming:.

I will no doubt be back with loads of questions soon. Look forward to getting to know people better.

I'm away back to my daydreaming now:wubclub:.

Guest Bakers

Hi all we are lucky enough to be here now arrived 21st October 2008 we were lucky to sell our house in UK took 10 months but it happened & we are so glad so far after the initial stress of the big move we are settling well & loving it here in Seaford i used to watch Glenelg webcam too haha,wish you all the best with everything & hope you get here sooner rather then late take care Tess x

Guest Dave & Carole

Welcome.

Sorry to hear that your visa being granted was not such good news at the time. It seems everyone has some kind of difficulty whether its visa problems, family issues or selling houses. However most people who have made it out seem to think its worth it. Good luck with the house sale.

Guest Jo&Derek

Thank you for your replies.

Adelaide still seems so far away at the moment but fingers crossed we'll get our house sold reasonably quickly. and will be sitting enjoying a drink in the sun soon.

Dave & Carole - shouldn't be too long now till your visa is through I can't remember how long after the Police checks ours came through. Are you ready just to go as soon as you get them?

Can't wait to meet up with some fellow poms when we eventually get there.:D

Jo

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi jo & derek,

welcome to pia , your right to day dream, like you we have to sell the house to go , ran out of time, so had to go on a recci to activate the visa , but having been on a recci i too daydream , its like living in limbo, in a way i was hoping that i wouldnt like it as much as i really loved the place, just cant wait to sell and get on with our lives ,hope all goes well for you , and you get your sell soon

nicky & andrew

Guest Dave & Carole
Thank you for your replies.

Adelaide still seems so far away at the moment but fingers crossed we'll get our house sold reasonably quickly. and will be sitting enjoying a drink in the sun soon.

Dave & Carole - shouldn't be too long now till your visa is through I can't remember how long after the Police checks ours came through. Are you ready just to go as soon as you get them?

Can't wait to meet up with some fellow poms when we eventually get there.:D

Jo

Lets hope we will all be out in the sun soon with that drink!

We sold our house last august & have been living in rental since then. We are all ready to go - however major hiccup last week when we realised our agent had made a serious error & applied for the wrong visa:arghh: In process of rectifying it, but will set us back a bit.

Hope you get a buyer soon - its a great feeling:D

hello you are right this forum is so great, loads of friendly and helpful people. Can't wait to get out there and meet some of you face to face.

Hope you get out there soon, thankfully we have decided to rent our house at the moment as it would be difficult to sell. We have saved up and taken some money from the house so we don't need to sell.

Good luck

Guest Jo&Derek

Nicky & Andy - thanks for your message hope you get yours sold soon as well, we've only just put ours on the market so expecting it to be a while although it just takes that one person (so everyone says, doesn't make me feel any better!).

Dave & Carole - Thats not so good hope it doesn't set you back too much at least you don't have the house still to sell.

I see your both from Bristol do you know each other?

What does everyone do for work?

Jo :cute:

Guest Jo&Derek

Hi Michelle, Phil,Nathan & Libby,

Good to hear from you, hope everything goes well for you and who knows maybe we'll get to meet up when we finally get there.

Jo, Derek, Ben & Sienna :D

Guest Guest75

Welcome guys.

I'm one of the longer term residents in the loony bin:goofy:

Been here nearly 9 years now and it's been soooo worth it for us.

Your comment on webcams made me chuckle and reminded me of our last year in the UK.

We were desperate to see anything about Adelaide,spend ages on a very sloooow connection with webcams:biglaugh:

Very best of luck with your house sale.

The slow market is affecting so many people.

The "English system" really needs revising.

Guest back clan

Hi Jo and Derek,

We too are in your position. Got our visas on 4th March but trying to sell our house and spending my days looking round webcams of Adelaide.

Good luck with everything and I hope you find that buyer soon

Guest Jo&Derek

Hi Lesley, Ian & Louise,

Great to hear from you. Congratulations on getting your visas it a great feeling I can still remember the day we got ours.

Our house has only been on the market a week and I'm getting impatient already :wacko:. I'm trying to be realistic though and have said to removal companies it will be October/November time (god I hope its not any longer:sad:) we would love to be spending this Christmas in Oz. How long has yours been on the market? Will you be ready to go as soon as its sold?

Good luck to you and lets hope we're both there for Christmas :v_SPIN:.

Take care

Jo