Here we come..................

Guest louiswaring@hotmail.co.uk

Guest louiswaring@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Everyone....

Long time lurker, posted just a couple of times.

We are well on our way now, House rented and just about to book flights for before end of April. Shipping just before.

I got a sponsored visa 119, so job sorted, cant wait, and neither can the children. We are looking at settling in the Golden Grove, Tea Tree Gulley area.

I think I have 1 immediate question that perhaps you lot may be able to help me with....we need short term accom for 2/3 weeks, while we get a rental, and wait for shipping etc.........any suggestions would be appreciated.

by the way, our visa does not give us OAA accomadation....

looking forward to hearing, and possibly meeting some of you soon....

Guest Nicky&Andy
www.discoveryholidayparks.com.au are really worth looking at, we stayed at one in semophore park ,for three weeks, had every thing, including wash machine, dishwasher, micro wave etc, service every week, where they change all your bedding and provide clean towels etc.its about a twenty minute drive to tee tree gully area, think they have some in land as well , might be closer.

Hi

Good choice of suburbs, the north east is lovely (but I'm biased!)

Only problem will be that there isn't a lot of short term furnished accommodation around in this area, but friends of mine have a Migrant Settlement business which has lots of links with local agents, and they offer an accommodation finding service, so might be worth dropping them an email. Send me a PM if you'd like their details.

Once you're here, keep an eye out on the social section as we regularly organise get togethers for us girls over on this side of town, so you can come along and meet some of us!

Diane

Hi there

we booked our initial fully furnished rental from the UK with realestate.com.au through LJHooker - we found it under the holiday let section and had it for 4 weeks.

Good luck with finding a rental and the move!!!!!!!!!

Guest Django

I would book into a short term rental for more than 2 weeks. You may well discover it is quite hard to find a decent long term rental. The competition is fierce. When we first came over it took us about 4 weeks to get one. You go to a viewing and you may well find there are 40 other interested parties that all have Aussie rental history. Things haven't changed. I recently went to an open and had to join a queue just to get in the front door. I asked the agent how long it would be before I got in and the reply was there are 25 couples in front of you. I asked how many had gone through and she replied that the queue had been like this for just over an hour. Needless to say I didn't bother.

Good luck

Pete

Guest graandjac
I would book into a short term rental for more than 2 weeks. You may well discover it is quite hard to find a decent long term rental. The competition is fierce. When we first came over it took us about 4 weeks to get one. You go to a viewing and you may well find there are 40 other interested parties that all have Aussie rental history. Things haven't changed. I recently went to an open and had to join a queue just to get in the front door. I asked the agent how long it would be before I got in and the reply was there are 25 couples in front of you. I asked how many had gone through and she replied that the queue had been like this for just over an hour. Needless to say I didn't bother.

Good luck

Pete

Not to be ignored.............. to many people get caught out rental wise....the whole process could take 3-4 weeks just to get a rental......

Guest Fancy a Beer
Hi Everyone....

Long time lurker, posted just a couple of times.

We are well on our way now, House rented and just about to book flights for before end of April. Shipping just before.

I got a sponsored visa 119, so job sorted, cant wait, and neither can the children. We are looking at settling in the Golden Grove, Tea Tree Gulley area.

I think I have 1 immediate question that perhaps you lot may be able to help me with....we need short term accom for 2/3 weeks, while we get a rental, and wait for shipping etc.........any suggestions would be appreciated.

by the way, our visa does not give us OAA accomadation....

looking forward to hearing, and possibly meeting some of you soon....

Hi we live in Greenwith, right next door to Golden Grove and it is a great area, for everything really!! Good shopping, good schools, good work opportunities etc etc. Rental wise there are always alot about but like is said tough competition at times, although mates of ours walked straight into theirs, guess its luck of the draw!

Short term wise is a little harder there are various Caravan Parks etc in Adelaide but in Golden Grove you are limited to short term accomodation!! The Adelaide Shores Caravan Park is about 20-25 mins drive away and is really nice and a good base on a short term basis! If I think of anywhere else will let you know, but brain stopped for the day now!!

Good luck with the move!