Adelaide bound....

Guest Kernowspy

Guest Kernowspy

My partner and I and our 17 month old daughter are on our way to Adelaide. We fly out on the 4th April, 9 days time and counting. Everything has happened very quickly from being flown out to Adelaide in September last year to check out the area and job, through to getting the visa at the end of January this year.

We have sold everything we're not shipping, arranged shipping, have somewhere to stay on arrival and have sorted bank accounts and money transfer. We seem to be doing well but with everything happening so quick there must be something we've forgotten, any reminders will be greatly appreciated.

Also anything that is important to get sorted soon after arrival please let me know.

We would also be very keen to know of any events happening in the next couple of months where we could meet up with other ex-pats.:)

Well I'm sure once you get here you will be busy with all those minor details to do with setting up a new life. Welcome to PIA, it is a good place to start if you need to know something. You seem to have a lot of the biggies under control, there will just things like applying for medicare, getting taxfile numbers, learning your way around . Good luck it's a good time of year to come. It's warmish but not summer heat.

Guest Django

Welcome to PIA,

Don't forget to tie up all those lose ends in the UK. Re-direct mail, cancelling child benefit, etc

As for sorting things out this end you have already done more than we did before we got here. Good luck on your goodbyes and flights.

Pete