Introducing ..The Tykes

Guest Guest75

Guest Guest75

Hello everyone :D

Can I pull up a stool to the bar and join in?? :lol:

We are ...............

Tyke (Russell),Mrs Tyke(Sheila),Little Tyke (my daughter) and 3 Bedlington Terriers (or terrorists as I nickname them)

We originally lived in Leeds,UK,where we have had several businesses.

We moved to Adelaide in May 2000 after a few fraught years trying to sell up and leave the UK.

We now live south of the city in Onkaparinga Hills on a small olive grove - a bit of a change to sunny Leeds.

We have given it a "Go" and it has worked for us,we even became citizens a few years ago.I know some people find it hard to live here and accept the changes but Adelaide is HOME to us now.We have made several visits back to the UK and it confirmed it.

We came with an open minded attitude with a view to completely changing our lifestyle and gaining new experiences.Some days we are like Tom and Barbera from the "Good Life" TV prog :-)

We do a number of things here for profitable gain (some only ...just make a living).

We did decide to buy a "Lifestyle" property and work from home - anything we do must fit into that criteria.

The olive grove just makes enough to pay most of the running costs of the house.

We have a Corporate gift basket company supplying gift baskets to several car dealers.

Also we invest/renovate/rent out property - that was scary at first!Much happier with that now.

Life ain't perfect here but it certainly is a huge change,we enjoy even the smallest new experience here.......Ooooo!!! look a Koala sat in the tree by the shed! :lol:

Hopefully I can share some of my experiences to make it easier fro newer arrivals or "Hopefuls" - I like giving back.

Well,I'll have a wander through the sub forums now and see what juicy gossip there is.

Pleased to meet you all :)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Russell, Sheila, Little Tyke and the terrorists :lol:

Nice to see you on here. We are a very friendly bunch but mostly in the uk so you will be able to offer some great advice for most of us - be prepared to be bombarded with lots of questions over the coming months :lol:

Your life sounds amazing and you really sound as though you have found and are living your dream. :D Hopefully we will be living ours before much longer!

Lisa

Guest Guest75
Hi Tyke & Co

Welcome :D , you will definitely be bombarded with questions, no doubt about it, thanks for joining 8)

Glad your dreams are coming true, it sounds like you really are enjoying life down under

Regards

Angela :)

:lol:

It's not all sun,sea and sand but it is achievable eventually.

Had some tough times but the good ones outweigh the bad :-)