Hello

coolerking

Just joined:jiggy:

Just thought I'd say hello, "hello".

OH and I have 4 children u'9 and hope to be in Adelaide within the year, one or two things permitting. I am a secondary teacher and the visa went in about a month ago and as it's on the CSL, well we hope that it is processed quickly. House not sold but we have decided to book meds (9th April) and push on.

I am a typical male maths teacher, think I'm funny, but clearly not! I am hoping to eventually find to find work in an impressive school - where the children are pushed but also encouraged to develop into kind responsible adults. I currently work (11 years) in an inner city school that gets fantastic results and has a very wide inclusive intake.

We have three boys nearly 9, 7 and 3. We also have our last child, a girl, 1 on the day of the meds!

Hope this is a friendly forum as I am not one for arguments.

We've never been to Australia but OH spent time travelling as father was in the army and I had my early years (1 to 8) in Honk Kong. Adelaide sounds right for us in many ways, not least because, so I have read many cafes - are the cakes any good?

Regards,

Cooler

Just joined:jiggy:

Just thought I'd say hello, "hello".

OH and I have 4 children u'9 and hope to be in Adelaide within the year, one or two things permitting. I am a secondary teacher and the visa went in about a month ago and as it's on the CSL, well we hope that it is processed quickly. House not sold but we have decided to book meds (9th April) and push on.

I am a typical male maths teacher, think I'm funny, but clearly not! I am hoping to eventually find to find work in an impressive school - where the children are pushed but also encouraged to develop into kind responsible adults. I currently work (11 years) in an inner city school that gets fantastic results and has a very wide inclusive intake.

We have three boys nearly 9, 7 and 3. We also have our last child, a girl, 1 on the day of the meds!

Hope this is a friendly forum as I am not one for arguments.

We've never been to Australia but OH spent time travelling as father was in the army and I had my early years (1 to 8) in Honk Kong. Adelaide sounds right for us in many ways, not least because, so I have read many cafes - are the cakes any good?

Regards,

Cooler

G'day mate, you have a good stay here at PIA.....if you ask for views you will get them some to your liking and some maybe not...lol.

You ask for help and advice and the uys on here will give it in abundance.....use and abuse us for advice.

Ppl on here are all too winning to help, we were all in the same position as you are at some point...good luck with everything.:)

Guest Lisajonesey

Hi Cooler,

Welcome to the site.. so we're not really an agressive bunch, only if you join in the more livlier debates that some people have ;o)

What type of visa have you just submitted?

I think it's a good idea to get the meds and police checks done up front.. although your meds are only valid for 12 months..

What do your little tribe think of you applying to move to Australia?

We're like you guys, I've never been to Australia, but the OH went traveling there, and worked there for a while about 10 years ago!

It's definatley an adventure!!!

Your baby is due next week! How lovely!!! It'll be good for your other half to not be so outnumbered with all you boys too!

Best of luck with the application and your baby girl!!!!! (you certainly don't do things by half hey)

Lisa.

Guest Bernie

Hi Cooler,

The kids will love Adelaide. There seem to me to be a lot more male teachers in Australia than the UK. Good luck with everything next week!

Hi - welcome! We're in the Manchester area too and like you can't sell the house but going to take the plunge in Aug this year as can't wait for ever! My Husband is a sec teacher too . just wanted to say Good luck with everything and congrats on the impending arrival! Jacinta

Thanks all, a lovely welcome and no teeth showing:o

Our elder two cannot wait, they would go tomorrow. We had next door neighbours who came for two years whilst one did a Masters and they had kids just a little older so that seemed to help. Little lad talks about hangaroos and spiders a lot so I guess we must have Aus as our number one topic of conversation.

MIL's cousin lives in Adelaide so it seems we have family there already which will be nice. She has given us some advice over SKYPE about the climate and renting etc.

Once again, thank you for a warm welcome,

Cooler and family

Guest LISA 79

Hi

im lisa i moved to adalaide in nov last year with my family which is my husband and two boys ben 5 and thomas 2.

We had never traveled any further than greece but we made it here ,the boys were great on the two long flights and belive me they are very long when the children are so young...i wish you all the luck in the world in getting here cos theres nothink like living here i konw as were from birmingham.........

Hi

im lisa i moved to adalaide in nov last year with my family which is my husband and two boys ben 5 and thomas 2.

We had never traveled any further than greece but we made it here ,the boys were great on the two long flights and belive me they are very long when the children are so young...i wish you all the luck in the world in getting here cos theres nothink like living here i konw as were from birmingham.........

Nice one Lisa, we're probably about 2 streets away from you, so if there is anything you need help with, just shout, we're in Clifford street, which is just one road south from Folkestone road.

Guest Snape Family

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the application.

We used to live in Stalybridge about 11 years ago (prior to the Isle of man) and I used to work in Cheadle Hulme.

Tracey

Outside Stockport in Woodley near Marple.

Where abouts are you located now?

Cooler

Guest Snape Family

Yes i believe so, it's quite depressing when we go back to see family and friends.

we'll be popping back again just before we leave, but it's scary that I will be glad to see the back of it despite it having so many happy many memories of mine and Darrens early life together (got married there, eldest born there and both boys christened, plus all the various drunken episodes in my life). Any way life moves on as we did (Manchester then the Isle of Man and now Adelaide) so I just view it as another episode in our life.

Are you worried about leaving family and friends? We found it easier with each move but have kept in touch with key people in our lives and the internet makes a difference.

Any way good luck and keep in touch.

Tracey

Thanks,

Stalyvegas as it now known.

Cooler

Yes i believe so, it's quite depressing when we go back to see family and friends.

we'll be popping back again just before we leave, but it's scary that I will be glad to see the back of it despite it having so many happy many memories of mine and Darrens early life together (got married there, eldest born there and both boys christened, plus all the various drunken episodes in my life). Any way life moves on as we did (Manchester then the Isle of Man and now Adelaide) so I just view it as another episode in our life.

Are you worried about leaving family and friends? We found it easier with each move but have kept in touch with key people in our lives and the internet makes a difference.

Any way good luck and keep in touch.

Tracey

It doesn't bother me about leaving friends and family behind as I just accept it and I have thought about moving many times in the past. We both travelled a bit as kids and lived abroad so I think that helps - MIL is going to come over for at least three month a year so that's good.

I think it's different for everyone, I will miss some things but not a great deal and I am looking forward to the things we can do in Australia. We're quite active so we'll be looking for sports clubs etc for the kids and we play golf and like swimming. Ideally, we'll eventually leave near a beach as I like the view and fancy a walk every morning. But obviously, I know that it'll take us (the adults) a couple of years to get settled.

I do not intend to come back to the UK as I think we'll be too busy leading our lives in Aus and have many plans for holidays in the southern hemisphere - fiji, New Zealand and also the Solomon Islands as we have contacts there:D

Thanks,

Cooler

Guest Snape Family

I've got to say we're looking forward to doing alot of sporty things with the kids. We're also lucky in that we have my OH's sister and husband in Oz and we get on with really well so we will have alot of support during the difficult times.

Like you we are hoping once things are settled job wise we will be in a position to travel and see lots of things in the Southern Hemisphere.

Good luck with everything and hopefully we will see you when you land.

Tracey

Guest sandar1

Just so you know there's a back to Birmingham barbq held down at Glenelg once a year, really nice group of people, it's held at the seawall apartments, not sure what date as yet, you may want to give them a call.

Sandra