Heeellllloooooooo

Guest Leanne & Mark

Guest Leanne & Mark

Hi Everyone, well now we're sure that if we actually get to Oz, its good 'ol Adelaide for us.

So i thought it was time to migrate from Poms In Oz, and come on to PIA aswell.

And i must say what a lovely bunch you are.

We being, myself Leanne (29, all year) Mark (36) Blake (8) Ethan (4) Olivia (22months)

We are applying for a SIR visa under a General Communications Tradesman (OH).

Mark is a regional manager for BT structured cabling, (puts in Fibre optic and copper cabled computer networks for large companies)

Heard lots of chat (i think) about golf on here, pleased Mark and boys no end!! Ethan even has his own clubs lil tiny left handed ones. Although he has now decided he can actually hit the ball if plays right handed typical.

Anyway waffling on! looks like i'll be getting golf clubs for my b/day (any willing teachers?)

Hope to be in oz in about 15 months or so.

Guest graandjac

:DHi leanne and mark welcome to friendly PIA your right there are loads of great people on here and no end of good advice........ and more importantly we are always taking on new members for the newly formed Flaming Galahas;)(PIA golf society)

Cheers Graham

Guest Leanne & Mark

That would be those people that decide Marks skills aren't wanted elsewhere. 00020114.gif So Adelaide it is. Looks good though, i think it may be just what we want.

Guest Leanne & Mark

Well we've spent the last few months trying to work out exactly. what visa and what skill we are able to go under. Now thats done, we have just started TRA. So hopefully after nx school yr ends.

This golf widow says'i' but i am thinking if you can't beat em join em!!

Like the name 'likesshopping' think thats a better hobby, we could start a new Society for Shopping.

The PIASS:D. Just better make sure OH's keep the money coming in.

Guest dglamoore

Hi Leanne and Mark :D

Welcome to PIA and lots of luck with your application. We came over on an SIR495 so if there is anything we can help with just shout :o

Like the sound of PIASS :P

Lisa:cool:

Guest donna T
Hi Leanne

Welcome to PIA .....with all these men off playing golf.....me thinks we should set up a 'golf widows society'........

All those in favour?

When are you planning to get to adelaide? how far are you down the process?

sarahx

I say AYE in big capitol leters;)

Guest Rachel & Jeff

No good me trying to join them (the flaming galahs that is). I can't even hit a ball in the driving range.

Definately up for the golf widows society though.

Guest Django

No good me trying to join them (the flaming galahs that is). I can't even hit a ball in the driving range.

Hasn't stopped me joining 36_11_6.gif

Good idea though. Anything that brings people together is a good thing. ;):)

Pete

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxuk101KCGB

Guest Leanne & Mark
Hi Leanne and Mark :D

Welcome to PIA and lots of luck with your application. We came over on an SIR495 so if there is anything we can help with just shout :o

Like the sound of PIASS :P

Hi Lisa

We may take you up on that! Did you use an agent or do it yourself?? We are using GoMatida for the TRA as it hasn't been simple so far. And then thought we'd try the rest on our own. Mainly as we really can't afford it until the house sells, and i don't wanna wait that long. (tied to mort til 03/08)

As for golf we took Ethan to driving range whilst Blake was out with freinds, and i had a go with marks clubs, i Whacked that ball pretty good! Mark now wants to buy me my own for my 30th Birthday this year!! and a few lessons. HMMM much prefer a trip to NYC or a Big Fat Diamond.

Leanne

Guest jen&ian

Hi Leanne and family .

Just wanted to say welcome , this is a great site for making new friends. I'll definitely be joining the shopping club as we'll hopefully have a new house to furnish come October. As for the golf I quite fancy it in theory but with possibly the worst hand/ eye coordination in the world my golfing activities may be limited to the 19th hole! (shame;)).

Jen:)

Guest Leanne & Mark

Donna T.

I noticed your lil ones are 5 & 2, will they be in the same school year as Ethan & Livvy?

Ethan is 5 in october , and Olivia is 2 in August.

Hallett cove is high up on our list of places, whats it like?

Do you know if any of the schools do the international Baccalaurette?

Are there many jobs? etc etc.

Leanne

Guest Leanne & Mark

Hee Hee.

This is gonna be so much fun.

Play Golf.. 'Taste' wine.. go shopping. Got my new life planned now.

Don't have a social life here. Kids come first an' all that.

We left most of our freinds behind (Mark was in Para's for 9 years) and have lost touch with far to many now. 0002015B.gif

So looking forward to meeting some new freinds.

Will need distracting from missing my mum and 9yr old sister very much.

Leanne

Guest donna T
Donna T.

I noticed your lil ones are 5 & 2, will they be in the same school year as Ethan & Livvy?

Ethan is 5 in october , and Olivia is 2 in August.

Hallett cove is high up on our list of places, whats it like?

Do you know if any of the schools do the international Baccalaurette?

Are there many jobs? etc etc.

Leanne

Hi Leanne

I think they will be a year behind my two. Hallett Cove is lovely - hilly with sea views and near to most things . We love it although hadn't expected to before we looked here.

The only school i know f that does the IB is Woodcroft College which is a private school about 10 mins drive from HC, although the fees are really reasonable.

Feel free to pm me if you need more info and come for coffee when you arrive

Donna

x

Guest Aussiebound
Well we've spent the last few months trying to work out exactly. what visa and what skill we are able to go under. Now thats done, we have just started TRA. So hopefully after nx school yr ends.

This golf widow says'i' but i am thinking if you can't beat em join em!!

Like the name 'likesshopping' think thats a better hobby, we could start a new Society for Shopping.

The PIASS:D. Just better make sure OH's keep the money coming in.

Hi Leanne and Mark

We are also going after the next school year ends. Our visa application has just been lodged in Oz so you not too far behind us in the process.

We are also using Go Matilda, have been excellent so far. Shaun in Oz who deals with the TRA is excellent, came back straight away with every email we sent him.

Good luck with the whole process.

Sarah:D

Guest dglamoore

Hi Leanne

We used Go Matilda too and they were great - specially when we had the saga of 3 case officers :eek: Would have gone mad if not for Alan Collett :D

Your little ones will love it here - never see mine anymore as she is always out in the garden playing with the new puppies and that is in Winter!

Guest Trakki
:premember galls stoooos other half is setting up the Flaming Galahs wine tasting society no one to be left out;) Cheers Graham

I'm definitely up for a wine tasting society/golf widows clubs. Petes off with the guys playing golf today, I dread to think how they are getting on though after seeing the mess they made of trying to rrange an actual day to go!!!! We are hoping to be in Oz this time next year.

Tracey

Guest mOZzy

hello leanne and mark and welcome to pia!

deffo a good choice if you consider going to adelaide ;)

we also use GM (and shaun was fab so far 'thumbs up'!!)

we have not idea yet which area to settle down in .. guess we'll see once we actually get there!

looks like i'll have to throw my oh into the golfing society (he doesn't know yet and never even touched a club so far:cool:) - though i can join the wine drinking shopping society ;)

social life?!?!?!? :eek:

Guest Django
looks like i'll have to throw my oh into the golfing society (he doesn't know yet and never even touched a club so far:cool:)

He would be more than welcome to join us. Don't worry that he hasn't play as yet. Our Secretary and chairman both play a good game and I'm sure will be more than happy to give him a few lessons.;)

Guest Leanne & Mark

Why thank you Roo1. better late than never.;)

Thinking Hallett cove may be our new haunt, liking the look of it very much.

Does anyone know the current fees for Woodcroft college, i've searched there site high and low and can't find there Fee structure anywhere!! Typical. perhaps its a case of, if you need to ask you can't afford it.!!!! 00020066.gif

Guest Leanne & Mark
Leave PiO for PiA? How dare you!

Right young lady, back to PiO right now..your tea's ready!

Yours chastisingly,

LC

(Just visiting...:P)

00020068.gif You didn't see me really.