Telephone Dialling Code

Guest Bristol_Matt

Guest Bristol_Matt

Hi all,

I am 12 hours away from flying over :)

Looking at the telephone numbers I have been provided from my contacts in Adelaide they are all 8 digits long.

Would I need to put any codes in front of these numbers when using my (British) mobile telephone over there?

I am with '3' which looks to be a good service in Australia (they sponsor the cricket anyway). Is their signal good in Adelaide?

Regards

Matt

Hi all,

Looking at the telephone numbers I have been provided from my contacts in Adelaide they are all 8 digits long.

Would I need to put any codes in front of these numbers when using my (British) mobile telephone over there?

I am with '3' which looks to be a good service in Australia (they sponsor the cricket anyway). Is their signal good in Adelaide?

Regards

Matt

From what i remember all you have to type in is 08 then the 8 digit number but then again it was 12 mo nths ago :chatterbox:...lol....have a google on the tinternet mate.

PS get yer phone unlocked mate.....as an aussie 3 sim card will NOT work in an UK 3 mobile....i found this out.

There are some good deals on prepay here...ie optus recharge with $30 and you get $170 dollars worth of credit for a month....there are others...but we found optus to suit us for what we want...

Good luck

HG

Guest Martin and Val
Hi all,

Regards

Matt

Hi Matt,

Good luck and have a great trip mate.

The codes to dial an Aussie Adelaide land line number from an English mobile is 0061 8 and then the eight digits they have given you.

If you are ringing an Aussie mobile from your English one it will be 0061 followed by the 10 digit mobile number they have given you.

Once you arrive and get an Aussie number things change a little: To ring another Aussie mobile from an Aussie mobile simply dial the 10 digits, to ring an Adelaide land line from an Aussie mobile dial 08 followed by the 8 digit number.

To ring UK from an Aussie land line 001144 then the area code without the "0" followed by the number.

We don't use three but people we know of who do have no problems that we are aware of.

Hope this helps

Martin

Sorry Heaps, I think we were answering at the same time mate.