moving

Guest delnjax

Guest delnjax

We are halfway through getting visa. Feeling quite nervous about the whole move. Never been to Australia before so a huge gamble. Hoping to move to Adelaide and Happy Valley seems a lovely place. Any positive messages will help. Thanks. Jackie

Guest Django

Happy Valley is nice. We are just next door in Woodcroft. We too had never been here before until we made the big move. We have now been here 7 months and have to say the gamble for us has paid off.

Good luck guys and any questions just ask.

Pete

Guest Guest75

Nice area to move to,good choice of housing.

To be nervous is entirely natural and part of the process of the move.

You would not be normal otherwise!

Good luck with your visa.

Welcome to the forum!:):)

Guest countdown1975

Hi Jackie,

My husband and I have got our visa and are moving to Adelaide in August - we have never been to Australia either but we are really looking forward to it. I think you have to give things a go in life otherwise you will regret it later. Not sure what Happy Valley is like to be honest - we are looking at Port Adelaide, Salisbury and Marion - I know there are good and bad places everywhere but you don't know until you try.

Best of luck with everything

Vicki :-)

Guest delnjax

I totally agree that you have to give things a go or you have regrets. Its just the selling the house and leaving my eldest son here when we go. He will be 22 when we leave. My other 2 are 14 and 4 so I feel they deserve a better place to live their lives. Oz has to be better than here lol

Thanks for your support and lots of luck with your big move in August.

Jackie and Del

HI

We had never ever been to Australia either - think thats the case for a fair number of people that come over. We arrived with 2 young kids and so far so good - in fact BRILLIANT! Our kids have settled really well as have we. We felt at home immediately. We miss friends and family, and even more now that we have been here almost 6 months though I feel Australia is a fabulous place and I would rather my kids grew up here. So if I desperately want to see friends and family then it will have to be a holiday to Scotland - they are only a day away!

I always say though that you never know how you will feel in a few years time but for now we are all happy with life.

good luck

We are halfway through getting visa. Feeling quite nervous about the whole move. Never been to Australia before so a huge gamble. Hoping to move to Adelaide and Happy Valley seems a lovely place. Any positive messages will help. Thanks. Jackie

++++++ there you go that ok..lol...:)

Think Australian be Australian thats what we did and we just clocked up our 2st year in this great place.:D

We had never been to Australia either.....been here nearly 4 years now.....It's been hard at times......i'd be lying if i said it's all been wonderful.....but dont get me wrong...there have been good times as well.

I live in Happy Valley...my kids go to school locally...so anything you want to know about the area, schools etc...please ask...

Just come with an open mind....

Lorraine

x

Guest delnjax
We had never been to Australia either.....been here nearly 4 years now.....It's been hard at times......i'd be lying if i said it's all been wonderful.....but dont get me wrong...there have been good times as well.

I live in Happy Valley...my kids go to school locally...so anything you want to know about the area, schools etc...please ask...

Just come with an open mind....

Lorraine

x

Hi, Lorraine, Many thanks for that. Wow 4 years - cool. So no regrets from you then? Have you come across many spiders or snakes?? I have a real phobia about worms lol dont know how I will manage with bigger ones lol. Was housing as good as it looks on sites etc?

thanks for your help.

Jackie