Cat Quarantine - our two boys - Salvador & Dillon

salvadordillon

Hello, this is my first post to this website My Husband and i have submitted our papers to the TRA so its early stages.

Wanted to know if anyone had any experience of Cat Quarantine, i have been on the daff.com website but would like information from people that have taken there cats with them. Have you used a UK company for the transport, if so, who?

We are looking at Adelaide for our destination for our new life...

Many thanks for your time, Louise & Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Humphreys

Hi

We brought our two cats out, its quite expensive about £1000 per cat all in!

One of them coped very well and is now back to being her usual bossy self, unfortunately the other one lost loads of weight in quarantine. We were a bit cross that they didn't warn us before we picked him up that he had lost so much weight, he was a shadow of his former self. We thought being with us and getting fed and loved would perk him up, but after a few weeks he was not getting any better and to cut a long and sad story short we had to have him put to sleep because he had a big cancerous lump in his tummy. However its obviously not because of the flight and quarantine, and he probably would have got ill like that had we stayed in England. They were both about 10 which they reckon is the oldest age its fair to try and move them, and I am sure had he not been so ill he would have coped better. The other one as I say is back to how she was before - but a bit lonely now!

We used Pet Air UK (if you put that in google it will come up) and they sorted out the whole thing including a cattery for them in the UK for the first week after we left, they were very patient with us when we rang all the time to see if they were ok!

Good Luck!

Liz

Hi there,

I'm glad someone has asked this question. We have a 4 year old cat and we have been unsure what to do about bringing her to Adelaide, mainly because she is an outdoors cat and I'm worried she will get eaten by a snake within minutes of being there. I would also be very sad to leave her. Don't know what to do for the best. Have many people left their cats behind? It also worries me that the trip and quarantine would make her very depressed.

Dilemma, dilemma

Guest jorose

Hi

We brought our cat via Jets4pets. She was fine in quarantine and is fine now. She does go out. The only difference to the UK is that she only goes out when we are in whereas in the UK she would be out at any time i.e. even if we weren't in.

So glad we brought her regardless of the cost.

Guest katsmajic

We used jets4pets to bring our boy over last year, they were great, sorted everything out for us, quarantine was in melbourne and was realy good - we couldnt believe how fat our cat got whilst he was in there!

Cost around £1500 all in - worth every penny ;)

he goes out quite happily - he has had an emergency trip to the vets when he was bitten by something nasty on the bum...was really nasty for a few days but vets got him back on track....get pet insurance asap on arrival too - vets are not cheap!

were moving down to dingy next year (hopefully) and am worrying about if hes going to be safe so near to the scrub...think we'll be making a cat run then.

Guest Humphreys

Hi when we got to Australia we used Oz pets to bring them to us, they were pretty cheap, just the cost of the flight plus a bit. We didn't go an see them, they were in Sydney and it would have been v expensive to get there (and then a hire car etc.) and we weren't sure how they would like it!

We let Sweep out, but make sure she is back in at night, most days when we come home she's inside anyway! She likes the heat and sits on the roof sunning herself, and has made her presence felt to the neighbours cats!

Really glad we brought her!