another newcomer

Guest robertreynolds

Guest robertreynolds

just stumbled upon this place when googling for somewhere to watch the Celtic Vs Rangers game at the weekend! Been in Adelaide about a week, planning to stay here for about 6 months I reckon. Staying with friends just now, looking to get a job here and then rent a room. On a 12 month workin hols visa, but thinking im gonna apply for the Perm Res visa when this current ones nearly done. Gday everyone :)

Guest BAZnDAF

Welcome :D

Hope your having a good time :) and good luck with your future visa application, there is a wealth of knowledge from the forum users here.

Welcome.

What work do you do Robert and are you a Celtic or Rangers man ?

just stumbled upon this place when googling for somewhere to watch the Celtic Vs Rangers game at the weekend! Been in Adelaide about a week, planning to stay here for about 6 months I reckon. Staying with friends just now, looking to get a job here and then rent a room. On a 12 month workin hols visa, but thinking im gonna apply for the Perm Res visa when this current ones nearly done. Gday everyone :)

Guest robertreynolds

Thanks everyone for the replies

@ Ferret: Im of the green and white variety :)

I works as an IT Professional - Networking, Systems Administration etc etc. Just polishing off my cv getting ready to apply for a few ive seen on seek.com.au. Seems to be a few.

Im really keen to get a perm res visa. Are they hard to come by? I get the 120 points on the immi website, is it worth applying now - how long does it take? I think once Ive got some work experience here in aus it will help give me some extra points too?