areas in adelaide to rent

Guest markmet

Guest markmet

Hi everyone

hoping someone will be kind enough to give me their opinions on various areas that i have been researching, after being approved for the 475 visa. we are now looking into accomodation for when we arrive. we dont want the OAA as you dont know what or where you will end up living, so we want to rent somewhere short term while we just get our bearings, then we can look for something to rent long term. have been looking at aldinga beach which looks quite nice. does anyone know what area is like. Also what are the schools like, and how close to the city is it. and finally are there any childrens centres within the area as i work in childcare. Other areas we are looking at are woodcroft, golden grove, seaford, reynella and aberfoyle. Any thoughts and if possible an idea of the rental prices would be most appreciated. also did anyone stay in a hotel when they arrived, and if so what was the cost of that, just to give us an idea of what we need to budget.

thanks

chris. T

Hi

I would say it depends on what kind of work you do where you would look for a rental and whether you all drive etc.

Initially we stayed in Woodcroft in a short term furnished rental which was fantastic, it gave us enough time to drive around suburbs to see which we liked and which we didn't.

All of the suburbs you mention are in the south apart from Golden Grove and they are are good suburbs but don't discount other areas close by - as I said have a drive round and see what you think. Aldinga is a bit further from the city but we have friends who live there and they love it.

I think for a furnished rental you are looking at about $600-$650 per week - it sounds alot but you have all the facilities of a home rather than just a room. Have a look at the link to rentalsinoz on this website.

Hope this helps

Lea

Guest cunnah10
Hi everyone

hoping someone will be kind enough to give me their opinions on various areas that i have been researching, after being approved for the 475 visa. we are now looking into accomodation for when we arrive. we dont want the OAA as you dont know what or where you will end up living, so we want to rent somewhere short term while we just get our bearings, then we can look for something to rent long term. have been looking at aldinga beach which looks quite nice. does anyone know what area is like. Also what are the schools like, and how close to the city is it. and finally are there any childrens centres within the area as i work in childcare. Other areas we are looking at are woodcroft, golden grove, seaford, reynella and aberfoyle. Any thoughts and if possible an idea of the rental prices would be most appreciated. also did anyone stay in a hotel when they arrived, and if so what was the cost of that, just to give us an idea of what we need to budget.

thanks

chris. T

Hi Chris

have just sent you a PM

Wait to hear from you

Guest The2ofus
Hi Chris

have just sent you a PM

Wait to hear from you

we are in the same position and although we are just 2 of us we want a house for a holiday rental for 2/3 weeks and then a long term rental for 6 months, any info and advise is gratefully received

Guest markmet

hi gill

great to hear from you, and sorry your visa is taking so long. we havent actually got to the visa stage yet, we just recieved sponsorship approval. am just doing lots of research in the meantime as there is so much to look into. we have just put our house up for sale today, so hope we do get the visa now we are parting with our lovely home. i can imagine how stressed you must be especially with four kids in tow. like you we are going to have to rent for a while which i have been dreading, the kids are not too impressed either with renting somewhere else or emigrating. just remember why you are doing it, and hopefully this time next year we wil be able to sit back and forget all the stress and worry it took to get there. we are going to adelaide, not sure what area yet though. am trying to get lots of ideas off everyone. how about you where have you applied for? and can i say that i have read that there is a bit of a backlog with the applications, but they will get to you soon im sure. no consolation while you are waiting though i know. feel free to stay in touch and if i can be of any help to you., you only have to ask.

All the best

chris T

Guest cunnah10
hi gill

great to hear from you, and sorry your visa is taking so long. we havent actually got to the visa stage yet, we just recieved sponsorship approval. am just doing lots of research in the meantime as there is so much to look into. we have just put our house up for sale today, so hope we do get the visa now we are parting with our lovely home. i can imagine how stressed you must be especially with four kids in tow. like you we are going to have to rent for a while which i have been dreading, the kids are not too impressed either with renting somewhere else or emigrating. just remember why you are doing it, and hopefully this time next year we wil be able to sit back and forget all the stress and worry it took to get there. we are going to adelaide, not sure what area yet though. am trying to get lots of ideas off everyone. how about you where have you applied for? and can i say that i have read that there is a bit of a backlog with the applications, but they will get to you soon im sure. no consolation while you are waiting though i know. feel free to stay in touch and if i can be of any help to you., you only have to ask.

All the best

chris T

Thanks Chris

I thought that you "had" your visa already.............But now know you have sponsorship sorted!!

Yes 4 kids very stressful especially when we are trying to up stix and move to the other side of the world!

Tell you what after all this stress Adelaide had better be worth it!!!!!

Guest markmet

hi gill

ive been to australia before but not to adelaide. we travelled to perth and to sydney 8 years ago. after that we made it our mission to emigrate, and it has taken us till now to gain the qualifications and 4 years work experience to go with that to be able to apply. so i too hope it is worth it, but what i have seen so far is absolutely beautiful and a place i would not mind waking up to every morning. also what a fantastic place to bring up children. my only regret is that i wish we could have made the move sooner. better late than never though. only problem now is that the kids are older, i have 2 who are 11 and 16, i am finding that the most stressful part. i keep thinking are we doing the right thing taking them away from everything they know. but i do think that it will all be worth it in the end.

Guest cunnah10
hi gill

ive been to australia before but not to adelaide. we travelled to perth and to sydney 8 years ago. after that we made it our mission to emigrate, and it has taken us till now to gain the qualifications and 4 years work experience to go with that to be able to apply. so i too hope it is worth it, but what i have seen so far is absolutely beautiful and a place i would not mind waking up to every morning. also what a fantastic place to bring up children. my only regret is that i wish we could have made the move sooner. better late than never though. only problem now is that the kids are older, i have 2 who are 11 and 16, i am finding that the most stressful part. i keep thinking are we doing the right thing taking them away from everything they know. but i do think that it will all be worth it in the end.

My eldest is just 11 (then 9,7 and just 4) and i was worried that if we left it much longer my eldest may become a problem!!

So i really sympathize with you as you kids are that much older!

But like you we are doing it for them and their futures (and their kids futures hopefully)although it maybe many years before they will realize this and appreciate it!

So hard being a parent isn't it!!!!

Guest markmet

The thing is Gill, the kids have to understand that we have to make the choices for them until they are adults, and what i have said to our eldest is that if he can give it a fair go till he is eighteen, if he still doesn't like it then we will give him the ticket fare to come back. im hoping and preying it wont come to that, but i am willing to try anything to pursuade him. hopefully both yours and our kids will thank us one day for having the balls to do what we are doing, cause it is a big risk but one that is worth taking i am sure you will agree.

Chris

• 1 year later...

:)Thinking of maybe relocating to Adelaide, only been once a few years ago and stayed in Glenelg which was lovely. We would want somewhere initially to rent, close to the beach, only two of us so don't give a stuff about schools etc, not too far away from getting into the city, close to restaurants, bars etc - any ideas?? Cheers