Removals

Misplaced

Well had today off work to wait for the removals company to come round at 1 o'clock for them to give us a quote for shipping our contents to Adelaide. 2 o'clock and still no sign and no call so I decided to ring them and the lady on the phone said that she would ring back once they had got in contact with their estimator.

She duly rang back to explain that their estimator had broken down in an area where there was no mobile reception but he had just called to explain that his car was being taken by the AA and that he would't be able to complete his appointments today.

Another lady then called me back to arrange another appointment and offered me the 26th March!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i know it is unfortunate that the estimator broke down but to then offer another appointment 3 weeks away is a bit rude. I did ask for this Friday and the Friday after but was told they weren't available!!!

Is it me but I would have thought that if you let someone down (even if unintentionally) then as a business you would pul out all the stops to try and secure that business?

To say I am not impressed by them is an understatement and they seem to have such a good reputation.

Guest Helchops

Well, it's time to call another shipper!! Seriously though, did you not say, 'You need to come out tomorrow or loose the business?'!

That's crazy!! When do you need them to actually do the pick up?

Well I didn't think that I would need to say that they'll lose the business if they didn't come out - kind of thought that would be obvious.

We are hoping to go out July/August if we sell the house in time.

We have already had Pickfords, John Masons and White & Co out and Robinsons are due out Friday. I was considering getting Doree Bonner out but don't think i will bother.

Guest wispa
Well I didn't think that I would need to say that they'll lose the business if they didn't come out - kind of thought that would be obvious.

We are hoping to go out July/August if we sell the house in time.

We have already had Pickfords, John Masons and White & Co out and Robinsons are due out Friday. I was considering getting Doree Bonner out but don't think i will bother.

I would highly recommend john masons (main office in liverpool) they have been amazing for us! the quote was actually alot cheaper than some of the others (pss including) the time they spent in our house was a pleasure rather than a nightmare infact we gave the packers a thank you card and tip for making the experience we were expecting to be a nightmare a pleasure :)

i found pss to be not very honest and offered us all sorts of free things to get us to take them on (which they shouldnt need to do!)

i would also say to you stay WELL! away from pickfords! i have heard some horror stories about things going missing even taking 6 months plus to come over and 90% of those stories are about pickfords obviously these are my personal findings and it is totally down to u good luck with it all :cool:

I would highly recommend john masons (main office in liverpool) they have been amazing for us! the quote was actually alot cheaper than some of the others (pss including) the time they spent in our house was a pleasure rather than a nightmare infact we gave the packers a thank you card and tip for making the experience we were expecting to be a nightmare a pleasure :)

i found pss to be not very honest and offered us all sorts of free things to get us to take them on (which they shouldnt need to do!)

i would also say to you stay WELL! away from pickfords! i have heard some horror stories about things going missing even taking 6 months plus to come over and 90% of those stories are about pickfords obviously these are my personal findings and it is totally down to u good luck with it all :cool:

I second that emotion!:wink:John Masons are superb,would not even consider looking elsewhere.Totally professional,pleasant to deal with and very competitive.What more do we need when dealing with a major move to the other side of the World!

Guest keith&ju

I had trouble with PSS, couldn't agree a time and date with them, whereas the others were prepared to come round towards the end of the day when I finished work and over Christmas, but PSS...no way. So they lost out on quoting for us! John Mason came out the cheapest for us too.