Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'work restrictions'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Migration
    • Visa's and Migration
    • Shipping
  • General Chat
    • Welcome
    • Aussie Chat
    • Recreation & Socialising
    • The Barbie
  • Suburbs & Real Estate
    • Suburb Guides
    • Suburb Chat
    • Real Estate
  • Lifestyle
    • Money & Finance
    • Jobs, Careers, Vacancies
    • Health Care
    • Household
    • Transport
    • Kids Down Under
    • Photos of Adelaide
  • Partner Forums
    • Money Transfers: Ask Moneycorp
    • Pensions & Mortgages: Ask Vista
  • Classifieds
    • For Sale / Wanted

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Found 3 results

  1. I recently got approached from my old company in the UKabout a job opportunity working in the middle east on a Fly in Fly out(FIFO)rotation. I am currently on a Bridging Visa A (partner 820/801) which doesn’t allowme to travel but has anyone had any experience with a situation like this. WouldI be able to apply for a bridging visa B to leave the country for work thencome back? So basically I want to know if I am able to leave thecountry for work without ruining my chances of staying in Australia. Thanks in advance David
  2. Are you an electrician fresh off the boat and looking for work? Have you booked into PEER or TAFE to do your 'gap training'? Having difficulty getting that first break into the industry now you have arrived. Message me as I may (not definitely) be able to help out.
  3. Hi all, In a bit of a pickle here. Myself (permanent resident) and partner from UK are applying for the DeFacto visa. It was lodged back in June 2011 and still waiting to hear back. I understand that it can take approx. 12 months until we hear anything, but during that wait my partner's work restrictions will mean that he has to quit his job and find a new one in March 2012. (He has the same work rights as the working holiday visa which he was on before - now on a bridging visa). The issue is that we have a baby due in May 2012 and really can't be messing around trying to find new work and risking no income during the process - it took us ages to find a permanent job for him; he is now a manager at a landscaping company with a good income, company car and best of all he loves his job! I can't bare to think how difficult life would be if he had to give up his job because of the work restrictions, especially with our first baby on the way. Is there anything we can do to stop this happening? I've come across form 1005, but that only seems to be for financial hardship (which I have no idea if we qualify for) and if the person has been sponsored for employment associated with some other visa types. Really really need some advice before I start pulling my hair out! Any ideas??? Thanks in advance, Kirsty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use