Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mc Tins

UK Nurse catching up IELTS requirements

Guest Mc Tins

Hello everyone!:)

This is my first post,since were following this thread for a month now,very excited to move to Adelaide.At the moment my wife is working in Sunderland Royal Hosp.assigned at Medical/Surgical,Vascular ward.We hear the news about IELTS to be implement after July 1st,any nurses want to work in SA.My wife's document is ready,but we need to look for fast express mail from UK to SA,NBSA,before 1st of July.My wife is really exhausted every after work,since they are understaffed and heavy workloads..We are a young couple wiyh 2 kids,age 4 and 2yrs.want to move and enjoy life under the sun.

Mc Tins:notworthy:

Guest Mc Tins

We need some advise from any nurses,who applied before from UK to SA.At the moment we are still on step 1,but looking forward to work in Royal Adelaide Hosp.,since my wife experienced in government hosp.in UK.Any help would be great...

Thanks,

Guest BAZnDAF

Welcome to PIA, can't help you on the nurse thing, but I am sure someone will help you with your questions.

Good luck with the Visa process

Guest Woody and Jane

Hi all, I work on a Vascular Surgical ward ! always exhausted ha ha, I am awaiting the 175 visa to be granted. So this is what we did:

Skills assessment with ANMC (12 weeks),

Registration with SA nursing board (5-6 weeks)

While awaiting registration with SA had applied online for 175 (early April 09)

Now I have got the OK for registration in SA when I get the visa i will send off a form to get my pin number, its cheaper than the UK annual reg fee I think. It looks like I have missed having to do IELTS by about 1 month.....

Good luck, Jane.

Guest Mc Tins

Thank you for welcoming..BAZnDAF.Hope we can get more info.on the next thread..

Now,we have some ideas about the process,Cheers!!!Woody and Jane..

Mc Tins

Guest Woody and Jane

Hi ,what kind of visa you going for? I am thinking the 175 is taking 9 months to processs .... hope your not in a hurry , gives you time to think... personally I cannot wait... what will we miss ? well psychoville was very funny, love lost do you get that in Oz? woody is concerned about Sky HD but I think he forgets how much we are going to be on the beach .... I hope xxxx more to life than TV

Guest Mc Tins

Hello W@J!:)

I dont know what type of visa we belong,as far as i know,wife will try RAH and get sponsored.At the moment,were in a hurry just to avoid the IELTS requirements of NBSA,before 1st of july.She dont want to sit on exam.,always tired after work and busy with the kids.To be honest,i'm happy now that she agree with me to move in SA,we had a lot of choices before,but finally we agreed in moving to SA.By the way,thanks for sharing your experiences on this thread..