Sign in to follow this  
Guest Br3tt

Any installation electricians in adelaide?

Guest Br3tt

Hi all

would like to hear from any installation electricians already in OZ.

Whats it like working there, hows the wiring & techniques different?

What can i expect to earn??

Thanks

Brett

Guest dglamoore

There are not that many PIA members over here yet so may be a while to get a reply :D

Welcome to PIA

Lisa:cool:

Guest Russfamily

whilst im not an installation spark, i can give u some pointers. u will most probally have to do a course and regs exam most probally take about a week and costs $374 this is compulsory and will find it almost impossible to get a job without a license, the course will point out all the differences in the regs or at least show u where to look up the info u need. money well u will be better off going for roxby downs to do installation work at the olympic dam mine and process plant expansion if u want the big bucks u will need to to know about industrial installations ie 3 phase, or u can stay in adelaide for the normal stuff. i think wages would be about 50-60k in adelaide going up to about 85-plus in roxby[

Guest Br3tt

Thanks,

Dont think i want to go to roxby downs, ill take my chances in adelaide. is 60k enough to live comfortably? i am self employed in uk and earn a fair bit, im worried about the pay drop. Im not money orientated, i just want enough to give my family a comfortable life.

Brett

Guest Russfamily

60k is a decent wage in Adelaide u may get more,or less i dont think you can compare wages from the uk to australia its all different smaller wages, cheaper houses, smaller mortgages whatever u get u live to your means

Guest Pete L

;)Hi I have now gained my visa and we are coming to Adelaide in October 07 .I need to find out where and when I can do the course .Does anyone know or can recomend a place I can do this course and also where I can obtain the required books and any web sites which can help in learning the Regs.

I hope to be able to do it when we visit but it maybe a tall order.

Has anyone done the course and is it the same as the Regs course in the UK?

Can't wait to get there :D

Many thanks Pete and family