Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Francis clan

Hi Everyone

Guest The Francis clan

Just joined-we're planning to move to Adelaide next year via the business visa route-being nurses it's the quickest way to go-just got to sort the usual stuff out first!-Would really appreciate ANY advice,but if there are any nurses out there,would particularly like to share their experiences-am just in the process of applying for my nursing registration-soooo excited-12-18 months seems like far too long to wait!

Hannah-35

Paul-45

Tom-10

Alice-3

Guest Django

Welcome to the boards.

Tracey my other 'arf is a nurse and has just been 'deemed suitable for registration'. Just waiting to be registered with the NBSA. Then the skill assessment with the ANMC.

What sort of nursing are you looking at? Tracey is in paediatrics.

Good luck with the process.

Pete

Guest The Francis clan

I'm an anaesthetic nurse-have done the usual ringing round of recruitment agencies and have approached a few hospitals-seems to be the work-just got to get the dosh to go!

Am in the process of getting transcripts from my uni etc etc and then filling in NBSA forms-are you applying for a permanent visa?We've been told that the quickest way to get out to Oz is to apply for the business visa and then your employer will usually sponsor you for a permanent visa after 6 months-have you gone down this route?

Have looked at so many sites and rung so many places-the old brain's got a bit addled with it all!

Any other info about anything-would also be appreciated!

Regards

Hannah

Guest Django
    We've been told that the quickest way to get out to Oz is to apply for the business visa and then your employer will usually sponsor you for a permanent visa after 6 months-have you gone down this route?

No because you will be tied to that hospital. We are going on a indie visa so that once there if Tracey doesn't like where she works, she can move elsewhere. Its best to look into the restrictions that comes with a sponsored visa. It may well be worth your while waiting that extra few months and going out on an indie.

Oh and Tracey had to wait ages to get her transcript. Hope yours comes a bit quicker.

Pete

Guest Django
    Have looked at so many sites and rung so many places-the old brain's got a bit addled with it all!

Any other info about anything-would also be appreciated!

Its best to stick to the ANMC and NBSA websites. You can't do anything else until you've been skill assessed anyway. The best site around for finding your way around Adelaide is our very own smack fairy's site http://www.adelaidebound.com/

Pete

Guest The Francis clan

Thanks for that -will have to decide which way to go! Have been tied to one hospital for 5 years here in Jersey(only one on the island!)-so not too worried about that.The main reason for our move is that although Jersey's a gorgeous island-it's impossible to buy,mega expensive to rent and it's career suicide! Have you decided which part you're aiming for?

Hannah

Guest Django

We are aimimg to move to the southern suburbs of Adelaide. Not having been there yet we can't narrow it down any further. But somewhere between Bedford Park and McLaren Vale. Tracey is hoping to get a post at Flinders They have shown interest in her CV so fingers crossed. Its in Bedford Park so ideal for living in the south.

Pete

Guest The Francis clan

Hi Pete

One of our anaesthetists worked at Flinders and loved it-also sent my CV to them with the same result!Great minds think alike! Have got a friend who grew up & has worked as a nurse in Adelaide- so will keep you posted if she can give me the low down on where or where not to work!

As you're a couple of steps ahead,let us know how you get on-we're not in a rush,will wait for the right job to appear-had fun moving from London to Jersey,so are a tad warier of promises made and not kept!Has Tracey looked at the RCN website?-there's good info about working in Australia on RCN direct,including what to ask about in contracts etc.

Speaking of work,on nights so better go and do some!

Regards

Hannah

Guest dglamoore
    The best site around for finding your way around Adelaide is our very own smack fairy's site http://www.adelaidebound.com/

Pete

aww shucks thanks Pete :P

Hi Hannah and welcome to PIA :)

Lisa:cool:

Guest happy-jools

Hi Hannah & Paul.

Welcome to the site.

Thought you may get bored of just Pete's (Django, Sorry mate, hehe) replies so though I would say hi and welcome to PIA.

Im not a nurse, so cant answer any of those questions.

But of choice of place to go to in Australia is on your mind, given the friendly bunch of us on PIA Id say you'd get a warm welcome in Adelaide.;)

Guest mOZzy

hello hannah, paul and family!

and welcome 23_3_36.gif

can't help with the nursing either and not with any other question really either .. since we are not really there yet :cool:

but it's always good fun to talk about 'the big dream' and bounce ideas off each other

36_1_11.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk571YYGB

Guest The Francis clan

Thanks for the welcome-I know we'll need help with other questions and it also helps not to completely bore the pants off everyone at work with it!

We're completely set on Adelaide-just the usual getting the pennies etc sorted we're looking at mddle-end 2008 all being well!

Hannah

Thanks for the welcome-I know we'll need help with other questions and it also helps not to completely bore the pants off everyone at work with it!

We're completely set on Adelaide-just the usual getting the pennies etc sorted we're looking at mddle-end 2008 all being well!

Hannah

Welcome to PIA, its hard not to go onto to friends and family when you know too much talk will get on nerves. But this place is great to chat, lots of very helpful people in the same boat who are more than happy to help

Guest tracynsteve

HI THE FRANCIS CLAN.I'M SURE YOUR FIND THIS SITE AS USEFUL AS THE REST OF US.TRACY AND STEVE,PLUS 4 BOYS.

Guest The Francis clan

Thanks to everyone for the great welcome-have already found loads of useful info-thought -it's fine looking at websites for info,but sometime first hand experiences really help-we've had some experience of picking up and starting again by leaving London for Jersey-like everyone there's lessons you learn,but it's that learning curves that's made us feel brave enough to try moving to the other side of the world!

Hannah:o

Guest Aussiebound

Hi

Hope you find all the answers to your questions on here!

We are also looking at going out mid - end of next year.

Sarah

Guest debbieuk

hi francis clan

i am a nurse (theatre) and we are hoping to go late 2008 never know could be on the same plane!!!!!:D

i have also contacted hospitals and they all seem keen but want more def plans so have asked me to contact them when i have a visa which seems to take forever:rolleyes:

good luck on your journey

debbie