Sign in to follow this  
Guest muzzy

Anyone from Bedforshire out there

Guest muzzy
    :wubclub: Me and my husband have submitted our skills assessment and making the first steps. We are in Bedford bedfordshire and would like to hear from anyone in a simluar position in our area.....

Guest muzzy

I guess you do not regret making the move from Bedfordshire to oz. Was it hard getting jobs on arrival. We are coming over, if we get our visa, without jobs on temp visa. My husband john is a qualified carpenter but currently works on concrete floor laying. I am a qualified criminal defence solicitor but know that I will need to do a conversion course. I do have previous experience of working in an office and have worked in sales for a year and done various part=time jobs when i was at college and uni. I can not wait but also worried if we will get work.

Have things changed over the last seven years, would you recommend now as a good time to come to oz with the current economic climate?

You won't have any trouble finding work. My brother who is also a carpenter is also in the process of their application but have had a call back on the chest x-ray, not good. Good luck with yours.

Guest muzzy

That is good news on the job front. We are in the early stages of our application, only just done the skills assesment.