Ferret

Horses

If I was to buy one for my 13 year old daughter, where would I start ? Are they expensive to keep and where could we keep it and ride it etc ?

Tips/advice welcome

Regards,

Ian

Have a look at http://www.countryestates.com.au for rural properties with acreage if you wanted to keep it where you are living! Otherwise the word for 'livery' over here is 'agistment' so you could try a local search for that on something like the yellowpages website.

D

look in the Advertiser on Sat under horses stock n vehicles. Some horses are kept on the Parklands in North Adelaide, also down by the river near the airport.....otherwise it is usually in the hills. Also checkout livestock in the Trading Post. Agistment will vary in price depending whether stabled or paddocked, fed or not. If your daughter is going to ride much outside of a paddock, there will be shoes (farrier), regular worming (fun) , accessories in your boot from rugs to brushes to hoof oil to....but it is a great pastime many kids enjoy....I did. There are also pony clubs to join.