Guest rowy

176 how long?

Guest rowy

These questions must have been asked before sorry! The 176, just lodged it, how long roughly will it take? Also, we have been granted State Sponsorship...is there a time limit on this, in other words do we have to arrive in a certain time? Or is the time set from Visa being granted?? penny

Guest Teresa01

I attended the expo arranged by the Australian Immigration Dept last weekend in Manchester. They stated during their presentation that the processing time for employer sponsored, state sponsored and CSL visas is currently standing at 8 months.

Hope this info helps?

Teresa

Guest rowy

Do they mean 8 months from date it is lodged? Thanks Penny

Guest Glenda
    These questions must have been asked before sorry! The 176, just lodged it, how long roughly will it take? Also, we have been granted State Sponsorship...is there a time limit on this, in other words do we have to arrive in a certain time? Or is the time set from Visa being granted?? penny

Hi, can't answer your question i'm afraid but just thought I would comment as I am in exactly the same position. Received notification today that I have State Sponsorship (cant believe that as they only received documents one week ago) and have just lodged 176. I am a Health Visitor and hope to work in Adelaide as a Child and Family Health Nurse. We have 4 children (3 of them coming with us). I was also wondering whether it is worth going ahead with medicals etc or just to wait until they are requested, what do you think?

Glenda:)

Guest Teresa01
    Do they mean 8 months from date it is lodged? Thanks Penny

Yes they said 8 months from the date the visa is lodged (at this point in time).

I still don't think that I would frontload medicals and police checks until requested just in case there is some sort of minimal delay.

Regards

Teresa

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi, we going on a 176 state sponsored. We put our visa application in on 1st June and got requested for medicals and police checks 12 days after. Don't know how long state sponsorship last, but you have to have lodged your visa application with DIAC within 60 days of being granted SS. I think (don't quote me though) that you get rougly a year (from date of medicals) once visa granted before you have to activate visa. We had our medicals on Monday so hopefully won't be to long before we here the news we been waiting so long to here.

Good luck with all your applications.

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi, can't answer your question i'm afraid but just thought I would comment as I am in exactly the same position. Received notification today that I have State Sponsorship (cant believe that as they only received documents one week ago) and have just lodged 176. I am a Health Visitor and hope to work in Adelaide as a Child and Family Health Nurse. We have 4 children (3 of them coming with us). I was also wondering whether it is worth going ahead with medicals etc or just to wait until they are requested, what do you think?

Glenda:)

I would wait until requested for medicals just in case for whatever reason it takes a long time. Ours only took 12 days from visa being lodged so hopefully yours won't take to long.

Good luck

Guest Clarkeys
    Hi, we going on a 176 state sponsored. We put our visa application in on 1st June and got requested for medicals and police checks 12 days after. Don't know how long state sponsorship last, but you have to have lodged your visa application with DIAC within 60 days of being granted SS. I think (don't quote me though) that you get rougly a year (from date of medicals) once visa granted before you have to activate visa. We had our medicals on Monday so hopefully won't be to long before we here the news we been waiting so long to here.

Good luck with all your applications.

Hi there, can i ask what job you do?? My hubby is electrician so we are hopefully doing 176 state sponsor, if it stays on the job list!!

and in your case it wont be taking 8 months will it?? as previous posts have said? as assuming if they have requested medicals etc you are well on your way.

Do you know if it makes a difference which occupation you are in or do DIAC just go in date order of applications??

Guest rowy

I am a Midwife. Apparently Medical jobs are looked are more promtly, but I am not sure that is true. No we have not had Medicals yet, I will wait now till they ask.

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi there, can i ask what job you do?? My hubby is electrician so we are hopefully doing 176 state sponsor, if it stays on the job list!!

and in your case it wont be taking 8 months will it?? as previous posts have said? as assuming if they have requested medicals etc you are well on your way.

Do you know if it makes a difference which occupation you are in or do DIAC just go in date order of applications??

Hi, My hubby is a joiner. I don't know what order they do the applications in. I have heard that SS 176's are going through quicker at the moment. Ours seems to be moving very quickly at the minute. Just a waiting game once medicals all been passed. The place we had them takes 12 days for all results to come back. Police checks have a 10 day turn around (or they try to have a 10 day turn around - we will see). We thought it would be November time that we get visa but think may be a bit sooner.

Guest Clarkeys

Hi again, thanks for your quick reply. You must be so excited!! Do you or hubbie know what the demand for Electricians is out there in Adelaide area?? I cannot find anything relating to this on this site. Also can you recommend any particular good areas for families to settle in, with older kids in mind?? We were originally heading for Queensland but Electrician is coming off their list, just hope it stays on this one. Adelaide does look lovely and weather is a bit more agreeable.

Keeping everything crossed it stays on list as apparenntly it updates on 30th!!!

xxx

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi again, thanks for your quick reply. You must be so excited!! Do you or hubbie know what the demand for Electricians is out there in Adelaide area?? I cannot find anything relating to this on this site. Also can you recommend any particular good areas for families to settle in, with older kids in mind?? We were originally heading for Queensland but Electrician is coming off their list, just hope it stays on this one. Adelaide does look lovely and weather is a bit more agreeable.

Keeping everything crossed it stays on list as apparenntly it updates on 30th!!!

xxx

Not sure if this is aimed at us, but will answer anyway. We are excited yes, getting so close. Not sure of demand for electricians at the minute, there is meant to be a bit of building work going on so hopefully should be some work around for both. We going to give the south of Adelaide a go looked a few areas but not sure yet which one will try, all depends on jobs etc. Once we got visa we going to e-mail lots of companies and see if any thing comes of that. Will keep everything crossed for you too.

Where do you live now? We live in the Midlands.

Good luck

Guest suttons

Cant help anyone with info, but have found this thread interesting. Hopefully the 176 is quicker than 8 months, we are awaiting state sponsorship approval at the moment (nailbiting) and are hoping to validate visas in January or February. My OH is a mechanic.

Ian 35, Shona 35, Elisha 10, Mitchell 7 and Ty 2

Vetassess practical passed Dec 2007

175 Visa applied for June 2009

(agent is changing this to 176 once we have SS approval)

SS applied for June 2009

waiting..................

Guest Clarkeys
    Not sure if this is aimed at us, but will answer anyway. We are excited yes, getting so close. Not sure of demand for electricians at the minute, there is meant to be a bit of building work going on so hopefully should be some work around for both. We going to give the south of Adelaide a go looked a few areas but not sure yet which one will try, all depends on jobs etc. Once we got visa we going to e-mail lots of companies and see if any thing comes of that. Will keep everything crossed for you too.

Where do you live now? We live in the Midlands.

Good luck

We live in Essex, hopefully one day be leaving this place!!! Will keep in touch,and will keep eye on your progress, we cant move ahead till hubby has passes vetassses in July then hopefully all systems go!!!!!!:)

Guest suttons
    We live in Essex, hopefully one day be leaving this place!!! Will keep in touch,and will keep eye on your progress, we cant move ahead till hubby has passes vetassses in July then hopefully all systems go!!!!!!:)

Good luck with the Vetassess, we are in Essex too.

Vetassess passed Dec 2007

SS applied for June 2009

Guest Teresa01
    I attended the expo arranged by the Australian Immigration Dept last weekend in Manchester. They stated during their presentation that the processing time for employer sponsored, state sponsored and CSL visas is currently standing at 8 months.

Hope this info helps?

Teresa

I would encourge everyone to listen to the advice that the Immigration Agents have been saying on here for sometime and if you are able to change to a SS 176 to do so as quickly as possible.

As the representative from the above event said that only new applications for employer sponsored, state sponsored or CSL's visas would be the only type of visa to be processed at this time due to the Global Economic slow down!

Guest Teresa01
    Cant help anyone with info, but have found this thread interesting. Hopefully the 176 is quicker than 8 months, we are awaiting state sponsorship approval at the moment (nailbiting) and are hoping to validate visas in January or February. My OH is a mechanic.

Vetassess practical passed Dec 2007

SS applied for June 2009

Hi Shona,

I believe that your agent can change you to a 176 even before your receive your SS, so it maybe worth speaking to them about it. I have just got a feeling that the SS list is going to be even smaller following its next review.

The best of luck to you!

Teresa

Guest suttons

thanks again Teresa, that has been a big help, we are going to stay up/get up early to call out agent and discuss the situation.

Shona x

Guest The Dimmocks

Good luck to your hubby for his practical. Justin (my hubby) was nervous for his as it the unknown but like many have said if you know your trade then you will be fine.

Good luck again and will keep in touch.

Guest rowy

Thank you for your email. The State Sponsorship is valid for the entirety of the visa processing period. Once you have lodged the visa application the sponsorship does not expire.

Once your visa is granted it will state the latest date in which you must arrive in Australia by. It is expected that you would move to South Australia within 2 months if arriving in another state.

This is e mail I received today from Immigration SA, regarding our sponsorship question.

Guest Dawny

hi, just a rumour, but i have heard there is work for trades in the north of south australia in port augusta to begin 2010-2011, a huge complex/ village thing, word is you can make your money here, good money, lets hope this is true

Hi

We did state sponsorship and then did the meds but did deliberate over this. It did mean though when the Case officer needed info it was already there for her. The way we looked at it was that as we were eager to go, if it took a long time to process, the timescale would be shorter and we would have to go within that timescale and not put obstacles in our own way.

Niki

Guest Ledges

Hi there,

176 Family sponsored 7/08..converted to State sponsored.

Applied SA SS 23/3

Accepted 4/5

Meds and PCs front loaded in Feb

CO and straight to grant 1/7/09

12 months from lodgement with DIAC

3.5 months from SS app

Guest suttons
    Hi there,

176 Family sponsored 7/08..converted to State sponsored.

Applied SA SS 23/3

Accepted 4/5

Meds and PCs front loaded in Feb

CO and straight to grant 1/7/09

12 months from lodgement with DIAC

3.5 months from SS app

congratulations, im sure you are very excited.x

Shona, Ian, Elisha, Mitchell and Ty