likesshopping

Shippers been

Hi Havent been on here for a while...the shippers (well, couriers, but shippers sounds better) came last thursday and took all our belongings...yeah, just 20 boxes of stuff!......we have 4 weekends left here and every weekend is now booked up with doing things.

Still dont feel and nerves or anxious whatsover.....am I normal?

I just cant wait to get there............so excited

Will try and keep you posted, but have no computer..have to wait until chris comes home and I can use his laptop....but with him and 2 kids, Im at the bottom of the list!

Hope you're all well

sarahx

Guest mOZzy

oh wow!! how exciting!!!!

only 4 more weeks!!!!!

i guess it's a good thing that the time till the flight is pretty much booked up with things to do! - and i don't think you are a freak! just looking forward to new things :)

good luck

Guest ralph n bev

Still dont feel and nerves or anxious whatsover...am i normal ?

sarahx

You probably are that lucky type of gal that just lets things wash over her , but i know i'd be as stressed as anything!!

Good luck with the move , and your new lives in Oz

You'll be there before you know it!!

Bev:)

Guest happy-jools

wow only four more weekends to go.

Make the most of it, and most of all have fun, and enjoy your adventure down under.

Keep us posted.

xx;)

Guest soggy

Enjoy your last weeks here then enjoy many years in Australia, I cant wait to join you.

Simon:)

Guest jen&ian

hi Sarah

Good to hear from you, glad it's all gone smoothly I guess you're just at the point where nothing seems to affect you nerves wise :cool: a bit like the eye of the storm! Good luck, see you on the other side.

Jen:)

Gosh Sarah, its really not long now !! Do you have the keys to that lovely house you have brought?

I to am shipping a small amount of personal bit & bobs, about 110 cubic feet, when I finally confirm an appt with them (the house thing is delaying things a little as you know !)

Good luck enjoy those last few weeks.

Angela

Guest Aussiebound

Wow, 4 weeks, enjoy them all and good luck with your journey to Oz.

I also have no feelings other than excitement about going to Oz but with over a year to go theres still loads of time for nerves to appear!

Guest dglamoore

Hi Sarah

Congrats on your boxes going - won't be long now :) Funny enough we were up looking at a peice of land opposite your house the other day ;) Nice big sold sticker gone on the board outside your place now :D

See you when you get here!

Lisa:cool:

Guest donna T

Sarah

How exciting for you - best of luck with the goodbyes and safe journey:)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Yes, I do think you are normal because I did not have any real feelings of OMG we are going until my daughters last day of school and then when you start to say a goodbye or two and then WOW ....

Strange when your boxes get packed and go but I have to say that I was really excited to see them at the other end - xmas all over again.

Good luck with your next 4 weeks - it will flash past - record it, photo it, treasure it ....

Life will now become a whirlwind - like the last 14months have been for us.

Take care

Sas

Hate to bore you all with tales of woe but heres mine !!

Finished work two weeks ago thursday , packers coming monday/tuesday . thought I was feeling no pressure ( as usual for me ) then BANG , overwhelmingly ill !! 3 days of illness like never before - headaches , sickness ,pain - you name it !! I am as you may say never ill , but I was too unwell to do a stroke . Liz was ill too so between us we could not do too much . We were told it was all down to stress , i have never sufferered through stress in my life I can assure you !

Packers came Monday am , liz was taking kids to nursery , we were feeling a little better , I apologised for our lack of organisation , explained our situation and told the packers what to pack and what to not.

Well they packed everything . We had stuff set to one side ie toys, colouring books and crayons , teddies , dvd's etc for the next two months for the children , packed , cold weather clothes for the suitcase , packed , even stamped addressed thankyou letters (from our wedding )for the uk that were on top of the fireplace , packed !!

Now you may feel that we should have been a little more vigilant with our organisation but really you do feel these people have some sense and when you tell them your unfortunate circumstances you expect them to understand and show a small degree of empathy and consideration .

We, to our horror , only noticed how bad things had become once they had gone with all our belongings as Liz had the notion I had put stuff to one side and she had me !! We were both in different parts of the house doing different things at the time you see .

So since then we have spent a small fortune replacing our childrens favourite things to occupy them until we open our container on the other side and spent a couple of miserable weeks in devon holidaying in the rain until our flights next thursday !!

The morals of this story are that you make sure you are well organised , ask your removals people if you can have boxes in advance so that you can pack your boxes yourselves ( BIG TIP ) and dont trust that the monkeys they send have any sense 'cos they dont !!

Im no stresshead but this whole business has left me reeling so PLEASE be careful and vigilant . someone told me packers once packed an empty wine bottle and half eaten apple - I can believe it !! Best Wishes Rich

Guest ralph n bev

Oh I hope you both feel better soon,

it will be stress, even though youve been calm and collective , as you said on your previous post, that was your bodies way of coping with stress , at the time with it all !!

Once the realisation has hit you (the packers actually arriving) your bodies just went Argghh!!!

I must make a mental note to take everything we are not wanting packing , to a neighbours, packers packing everything is happening too often !!

Get well soon , sure you will , and good luck with the move and your new lives.

Bev.

Guest lastboyscout
    Hate to bore you all with tales of woe but heres mine !!

Finished work two weeks ago thursday , packers coming monday/tuesday . thought I was feeling no pressure ( as usual for me ) then BANG , overwhelmingly ill !! 3 days of illness like never before - headaches , sickness ,pain - you name it !! I am as you may say never ill , but I was too unwell to do a stroke . Liz was ill too so between us we could not do too much . We were told it was all down to stress , i have never sufferered through stress in my life I can assure you !

Packers came Monday am , liz was taking kids to nursery , we were feeling a little better , I apologised for our lack of organisation , explained our situation and told the packers what to pack and what to not.

Well they packed everything . We had stuff set to one side ie toys, colouring books and crayons , teddies , dvd's etc for the next two months for the children , packed , cold weather clothes for the suitcase , packed , even stamped addressed thankyou letters (from our wedding )for the uk that were on top of the fireplace , packed !!

Now you may feel that we should have been a little more vigilant with our organisation but really you do feel these people have some sense and when you tell them your unfortunate circumstances you expect them to understand and show a small degree of empathy and consideration .

We, to our horror , only noticed how bad things had become once they had gone with all our belongings as Liz had the notion I had put stuff to one side and she had me !! We were both in different parts of the house doing different things at the time you see .

So since then we have spent a small fortune replacing our childrens favourite things to occupy them until we open our container on the other side and spent a couple of miserable weeks in devon holidaying in the rain until our flights next thursday !!

The morals of this story are that you make sure you are well organised , ask your removals people if you can have boxes in advance so that you can pack your boxes yourselves ( BIG TIP ) and dont trust that the monkeys they send have any sense 'cos they dont !!

Im no stresshead but this whole business has left me reeling so PLEASE be careful and vigilant . someone told me packers once packed an empty wine bottle and half eaten apple - I can believe it !! Best Wishes Rich

Aaaahhh Rich , best of luck when you get there;)

Are you sure the stress didn`t come on when you realised you support the Blose and you will be relegated this season ...... AGAIN ???:D:D

Best of luck when you get there mate and keep a seat next to you in the pub to watch the game on the 20th April when we whoop your asses again and send you lot down !!!:P

Thankyou Bev for the sentiment . Good idea that to hide your stuff in another house - if they cant see it they cant pack it !!

Lastboyscout , there you are !! If please god you make it over by april let me know as you will surely need a big comforting hug after the game , I always have villa fan mates nearby when we whoop you , but they'll all be here this season . looking forward to it already . Bless you all . Rich

Guest lastboyscout

You too Rich, safe journey and all that, and hope you don`t lose your Blose tops in customs, mind you they won`t be able to decontaminate them , so they may aswell burn `em :D;):P

Guest jen&ian

Hi Rich & Liz,

Just saw your post, God what a nightmare - really hope everything goes smoothly from here on in.

Jen:)

Guest Barlow

Hi sarah

We only meet once at the meet in Bromsgrove and we had 3 weeks to go ! well been here 9 weeks now and all going well have settled in Craigmore - North Adelaide ,

Not long now bet you can't wait

Have you had your big party yet ?

Will have to arrange a meet this end when you arrive

All the best

Paula xx