Hi Everyone!!!

Guest Heather and Chris

Guest Heather and Chris

Hi All

Hope your all well! This is Heather and Chris getting very excited as we have just found out Chris has got a job in Adelaide who are willing to sponsor him and pay forboth our visas offering a great relocation package! Oz here we come!!!! We're so nervous and thought this would be a great way of getting some info on Adelaide before we arrive! We aren't visiting before we move so I was wondering if anyone could help as to the nicest places to live? We want to live on the beach (if not very close) and are looking to rent a fully furnished place for 2! Can anyone help with some advice on locations?

Also I (Heather) am currently looking for a job in the marketing or events industry! Does anyone know of any potential postions going in Adelaide?

Anyway thanks for your help xx :D

Guest soggy

Hi Heather and Chris, welcome to PIA where im sure all your questions will be answered, congratulations on the job offer and the help with visas, im sure it will make the move a little smoother, moving aross the other side of the planet is exiting though and plenty to do. The members already in Adelaide are sure to give you the best advise on where to live to be near the beach, somewhere south i think.

Good luck

Simon:)

Guest dglamoore

Hi Heather and Chris

Congrats on the sponsorship visa and welcome to PIA :)

It is always hard to recommend areas as people are so different in what they like. Personally we live in Port Noarlunga South and love it down here. We are on the beach and have Colonnades mall a few minutes drive away :) All the areas around us seem lovely and it has a friendly laid back vibe to it here.

Have you looked on realestate.com for rentals? There are always quite a few round this area and even one or two going along the esplanade at the moment with lovely sea views - one is fully furnished too !

It is a good idea to have a drive round and see the areas - Glenelg is a very popular spot for DINKY's (double income no kids yet) and the surrounding suburbs. Again, close to the beach but with a more lively nightlife :o also closer to the CBD.

Lots of jobs in local papers once you arrive but from there you can see quite a few websites - http://www.adelaidebound.com/employment.htm

Good luck with everything and any questions just shout!

Lisa:cool:

Guest mOZzy

hello heather and chris!

how exciting that you've got yourself a sponsor. what does chris do??

in regards to where to live: as lisa said - i think it's a thing of getting there and having a nose around which area you like.

i hope you'll find what you are looking for and good luck!

Guest ralph n bev

Hi Heather and Chris ,

Welcome to the site, you'll get loads of info, help ,and advice from like minded people.

Personally i cant help you with any of your requests!! But hello anyway.

Lucky you 2 though getting the full sponsorship that will save you a fortune.

Good luck with everything,

Bev:)

Guest happy-jools

Good Luck with everything.

Were not in Adelaide, Yet

But hopefully others there will be able to help.

otherwise were a friendly bunch.xx;)