Guest Tracyb

Football (Soccer)

Guest Tracyb

Does anyone know of any football (soccer) teams that are in need of any players my OH would love to get a game although hes getting on at 44

Guest hulltigers
    Does anyone know of any football (soccer) teams that are in need of any players my OH would love to get a game although hes getting on at 44

hiya tracy, il be there end of september il join him lol

I've posted these links previously and a couple of people found them useful. The saasl site sometimes has ads on it re players wanted, but if not just check a local club for your area. There is also a masters league (for those of us over 35) but I don't know much about it yet or where the teams are based.

www.saasl.com.au for lower level local clubs, many have junior set ups as well.

The more senior clubs (also with junior teams) can be found on www.ffsa.com.au

Just beware of adverts in papers or outside parks that say 'football players wanted' etc as they usually refer to the Aussie Rules variety of cross country egg ball chasers, not our round ball game.

I now play indoor 5 a side (futsal) at Mawson Lakes but that is probably a bit too far from you.

Guest Tracyb

hi Mate

Hope you are well we will get together when you get out here. I will sort teams out by then lol

John(tracys OH)

Guest familyheaver

Hi,

My OH plays football (soccer) for the Masters League - over 35's - up in the city on a Sunday morning. If you're interested, let me know and we'll get in touch. There are another 7 games left for this season.

Karen

Guest Tracyb

Hi Karen,

Thanks for replying, I can't make Sunday mornings as my son plays for Adelaide City so I am always watching him.

Do they train at all in the evenings?

Cheers

John (Tracy's OH)

Guest familyheaver

We kick off at 2 times on sundays 930 and 11 if that helps.

Guest MarkIngram

Hi there

I was looking to play football (soccer) also and will turn 35 just two weeks before I fly out....managed to find a team in the masters league who have their own website (manchester city - although don't let that put anyone off....)I'm a Liverpool fan and dropped them an email....Paul got back to me and I am now looking forward to easing myself back into football again playing for them....next season who knows...Benitez will be phoning me up and begging me to come back to the UK and play for the 'Pool (hahahaha...I wish)

Mark